Young Writers Society

Desert Island RP

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:04 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Achernar:

Now, this was more like it. He was pleased to see everyone finally being honest for a change, even if it meant figuring out that Aska was, in fact, solely a suit of armor (and Nendros being human, but Achernar came from a world where humans had the potential to take many forms, so it wasn't particularly shocking or surprising). That was certainly unexpected, and a little odd, although nothing in particular to be afraid of. After all, compared what had happened in the past night, this was hardly something of great concern, especially as Aska seemed shy and harmless. It was amusing seeing Mage panic because of it, although Evion hadn't done so. He acted too focused on being embarrassed and trying to melt into the shadows to be surprised. Which Achernar couldn't exactly blame him for.

A few seconds passed before he realized that all eyes were turned on him. "Oh!" he said with a start, passing a hand over his hair and clearing his throat before beginning in his perfectly innocent voice. "I'm Achernar! Nendros appears to be a dragon, but is a human, right? I'm the opposite - I can willingly turn into a snake, or change some parts of myself to resemble those of snakes. I found a portal when I was walking through the world I'd come from, and I decided to see what was on the other side. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that that was probably not the best idea." He blushed accordingly. There were a few odd expressions in the group, but nobody seemed to be particularly bothered by this new news.

"I'm not sure if I can do much. I can use a weapon or fight, but I would rather not want to - I don't like violence. I'm probably too young and not quick enough to hunt anything, I don't have skills at healing. I...don't think I can do much." Achernar stopped smiling, but didn't frown. His blank expression maintained itself for a few seconds before he thought of what to do next.

He pointed to Evion, who had now slipped towards the back of the cave, and was sitting while staring at the ground. While the man may have been relatively invisible to just about everyone else, Achernar maintained his impeccable vision, and he could quite clearly see the soldier. "What about you?" Achernar called out. Everyone turned to focus on Evion, who briefly lifted his head, donned a strange expression, and returned to looking at the ground.

"You already know," the soldier mumbled in a barely audible voice. "I'm Evion Fevalda, I can fight and hunt, I don't know how to heal, I don't know how I got here, and I don't want to talk about who I am or who my family is. Happy?"
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:14 am
View Likes
JuliasSneezer says...

Luke Eberhard: "Someone needs a Happy Meal," Luke muttered under his breath.

Julia Vadik: "I'm Julia. Julia Vadik." Julia answered. "I come from Ohio, I was on summer vacation at the beach, I went parasailing with my friend, and I got lost. I'm only a human."
Last edited by JuliasSneezer on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When in doubt, improvise!"
-Winny the woodpecker

299 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:52 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Niceo:

Well, his suit was ruined.

He sneered as he brushed away the hot sand from his face and body. Light wind ruffled his pale gold hair while pale grey eyes overlooked the ocean as waves crashed upon the island's beaches. In the heat of the sun, which still climbed in the sky, his black outfit broiled in the heat. Espadrilles scrambled for a foothold as he turned away from the scenic views and made to walk up the beach towards the jungle beyond.

Five days after having spoken at a funeral for one of his mother's and father's friends, and here he was. Without any clue where he was, how he'd gotten here, or if there was anything else on this island. It seemed almost ironic, though he chose rather to focus on the fact that it was very terrifying.

Was he dead? All he'd remembered before coming here was falling and screaming. He'd fallen out an open window? The details were still fuzzy in his mind, which worked to activate itself again after its time sleeping. Yet, somehow, he doubted that he'd died. He should've run into at least someone else by now, anyone who could confirm that they had died. On the other hand, how should he know? He'd not known anyone who'd returned from the afterlife. This could be either a personal paradise, all to himself, with all resources for survival and thriving available, or a nightmare. Niceo hoped it was the former case.

Of course, he had no interest in staying where he presently was. His skin felt like it was on fire, and sweat dripped down his face in thick beads. By no means was he comfortable, even though he wondered what kinds of creatures and monsters might be behind the alluring shade of the green jungle expanse. Silently cursing, he inched his way towards them, trying to reassure himself. He had magic, powers, and experiences; he could worm his way through all kinds of situations, if need be. While perhaps a tad naive, that was not going to stop him from doing what he needed to do to keep himself alive.

Niceo breathed a sigh of relief as his shoes hit solid earth instead of warm sand. Sitting down beneath the relatively cool shade of one of the taller jungle trees, he relaxed, arms propped against the back of his head. The beach views were beautiful, he couldn't disagree with that. Choosing rather to not think about his present predicament - much less the odd sounds that came from the jungle behind him - he spent some time observing the landscape. It wasn't easy to smile, what with his present predicament and his ruined outfit, but he did so as he saw the breakers rear up and crash upon the sand. This wasn't the rocky cliffs and foreboding nature of the oceans that he knew; this was more peaceful, content, and relaxing. A nice improvement, actually.

He yawned, stretched, and stood up. Halfway through taking a deep breath, the appearance of a few silhouettes by the sand in the distance stifled him. Now his curiosity was piqued. Niceo wasn't quite sure who was in the distance, if they were human at all, but the prospect of not being alone on the island was both relieving and terrifying. Regardless, what had he to lose? If they were malicious, he could fight back? If they weren't, he had friends. Warily, he sneaked through the bushes and jungle trees, making his way along the edge of the forest as he came closer to the individuals at the edge of his vision, their features becoming more apparent and clearer as he grew closer...

Spoiler! :
New character. Because why not? :P

The above post pretty much summarized Niceo's appearance and part of his personality. He's actually short, with light grey eyes, pale yellow (but not yet blonde) hair, a black outfit, and an old style of shoes. A tad vain, aggressive, and sometimes selfish, he is nonetheless a decent individual. Honest, willing to cooperate (or manipulate, if the situation calls for it), and skilled with both magic and weaponry, he's the child of two influential and powerful royals in their own right. Of course, he will be their successor, a fact of some pride to him. And I did not just create his entire character over hte past two days, nooooo. :P

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:40 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
Is it too far in to the rp to throw a character in here? :o
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:56 pm
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Feel free to join! I would suggest having your character meet Peregrine and the group he's with.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

58 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:09 pm
View Likes
JuliasSneezer says...

WAITS IMPATIENTLY BECAUSE I'M NOT RELEVANT AT THIS POINT IN TIME.
-Winny the woodpecker

58 Reviews

Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:33 am
View Likes
JuliasSneezer says...

@Mage

I fixed my thing. :)
-Winny the woodpecker

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:47 am
Mageheart says...

Peregrine Baines:

He smiled at the girl who had spoken. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Julia, and hopefully we can find your friend along with Schadel." Before the girl sitting on the sand could offer a response, he became aware of someone approaching.

He turned to see a seemingly human man. Peregrine had learned long ago that you could never assume someone was human; chances were that something entirely different lurked beneath the surface. He was surprised to see that he towered over the man, who stared up at him with a pair of light grey eyes.

"Hello." He looked the man over. Like Peregrine, he wore a black suit. Both suits seemed out of place on the sands of beach. "My name is Peregrine Baines. I assume you also don't live here?"

Spoiler! :
Niceo seems like he'll be a fun character, @TheSilverFox! Also, sorry for taking so long, @CupcakesForRealMen. I saw you had edited it, but hadn't posted my response yet. ^^"
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:39 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Niceo:

He hadn't been all that secretive, but he hadn't expected to be seen so soon. The strange man in the black suit had good vision, it seemed. How odd.

Well, there wasn't any point in hiding. Niceo strolled casually between a few trees and stepped onto the blazing hot sand of the beach once again, ignoring the pain as the heat shot through his shoes. Three people were there to greet him; the one who'd addressed him, an exhausted-looking girl lying on the sand, and a third individual dressed in a strange outfit, with a helmet completely covering their face. They all looked at him with interest, but he maintained his blank stare, which resembled more of a glare than anything else.

He walked up to the man, who patiently awaited his response, and looked him up and down. The person was well-dressed, in a black suit like his own, yet it as professional and clean as his. Being as prominent as he was, Niceo found this surprising. Who was this individual, and how could they afford an outfit on par with his, especially with such an unfamiliar and strange style? Otherwise, Peregrine seemed...unordinary. Dark blue eyes, purple hair tied into a ponytail, and very tall. Niceo was short; he was used to that. But this man was far higher than he was used to, which made him curious. Too, there was something that was inhuman about Peregrine. He certainly didn't seem normal, although Niceo wasn't sure if that his strange accent, appearance, or the general feeling of discomfort he was experiencing. Whether it was, this person was uncanny, and he didn't like it.

Peregrine seemed to be regarding him in the same way. All in all, a person that Niceo's father would lie to and run away from at the nearest opportunity. He'd heard his father present a thousand excuses for his inability to tell a true story. Yet Niceo didn't feel in the mood to do the same. Why should he? Clearly, none of these people lived on this island, and he had the feeling that none of them came from where he had. They all acted too composed, clean, and organized to have spent any good portion of their lives here. Why should have to lie and bluff?"

"What gave it away?" Niceo sarcastically remarked to Peregrine, gesturing to his suit. "Would I be wearing this if I lived here?"

"My name is Niceo," he continued, with a slight bow. "The son of a prince and princess waiting in line for the throne. Who are you, to have such an odd outfit and appearance?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:22 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Peregrine Baines:

Royalty? Now that was interesting. He knew the royalty on Earth; though they had, of course, never met in person, he was knowledgeable on the royal families as a result of sheer curiosity. Niceo was a name that didn't belong to any of those families.

Which could mean two different things. Either Niceo was lying, or he was from an entirely different world. The last option was the one he hoped to be the truth. Unfortunately, he had no way of knowing. Though the man appeared to be telling the truth, Peregrine was wise enough to know Niceo might also just be a very good liar.

He returned the bow. "I didn't realize I was in the presence of royalty," he informed Niceo. "I own Baines' Antique Shoppe in the city known as New York City. It is a family run business; my father once owned it before his death several years ago." The lie was a well practiced one. He had always been a believable liar, a trait that often came in handy and helped him to survive.

"I believe my style seems so strange to you is because we are different worlds. I know that sounds unbelievable, but it's the only explanation I can come to. I come from the planet of Earth."

Spoiler! :
Sorry for taking so long with this! I've been wondering something for awhile. What are everyone's thoughts on Peregrine Baines?
mage

queer and here.

58 Reviews

Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:08 pm
View Likes
JuliasSneezer says...

Julia stood back awkwardly. She had no idea what was going on. She was tired, she was thirsty, she was hot, she was wet, and she felt like punching something right in the kisser. Nonetheless, she remained quiet. She had no idea what these people were talking about, and how to survive.
-Winny the woodpecker

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Soul Error Arwitch:

He cast a glance at Mage. He realized how difficult it was going to be for the demon beside him to tell the truth; lying was how he survived. Maybe if he went first, it would be easier on Mage?

"My name is Soul," he suddenly said. "Soul Error Arwitch. Um...Like I said earlier, I'm an automaton. I followed Magestorrow through a portal and ended up on this island." Followed wasn't exactly the right word. It was more that he had threatened the people who had sent Mage through it to get them to create it one more time. "I can fight. And if someone gets injured, I can heal them."

Mage looked at him with wide eyes after he spoke, realizing that it made the most sense for him to go next. He took a deep breath. "My name is Magestorrow Rian. You can call me Mage if you want to." Underneath his helmet, Soul gave him an encouraging smile that he knew Mage couldn't see. "I'm a demon." His gaze dropped to the floor. "I'm eleven years old, but don't go and treat me like a kid." He hesitated before looking up. "I can use fire Sin, and ended up here after being pushed through a portal."

Spoiler! :
@writerkitty, could you have Celina, Ann, and Joe explain who and what they are?
mage

queer and here.

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:40 am
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Ann Fletcher

It was their turn. Everyone was focusing their gaze on Ann and her teammates. She knew it was best if she went first.
"Well, I'm Ann Fletcher," Ann said in a steady tone. I came here while I was battling with a foe named Frost. I came through some kind of a portal and I really don't know how it appeared. Maybe it was the Evil Mythical creatures doing. However, I got pushed into it by something that I didn't actually see...and I ended up lying on the beach. And then I met Mage. She patted the dagger inside her pocket. "I have battle skills and I'm the leader of the battle section in the Myth academy. I can fight pretty well."
She elbowed Joe to notify him that it was his turn, the boy stammered a little because everyone was paying attention so what he say, "I'm Joe Collins. The three of us came from a world called the Myth. It's the home to all the mythical creatures you know. And as far as I know, there is a special type of human-like begins called 'Mythopals' there who protect the Myth and the Earth. So...uh," He scratched his head, "I'm half human and half Mythopal...so I have special powers apart from my elemental powers. I have dark shadow powers too." He felt nervous telling this, but the others had revealed way darker secrets about themselves. "I came here through the same portal as well, I followed Ann and Celina when they disappeared into the portal."

Celina flashed a bright smile because it was her turn. "I'm Celina Rivers, and I came from the Myth. I flew into a weird portal and ended up on this amazing island and met you guys!"
Ann rolled her eyes, "Celina, I think you should tell a bit more about yourself."

"Oh right!" She singsonged. "I have magical powers and elf-ears!" She said touching her pointy ears. "I can create force-fields and make disc-like weapons that can even pierce through metal." Her face darkened as she began to tell her darkest truth. "And...sometimes when I get super pumped up in a battle....my demon side takes over...I think you...all know that part. I can't control it and I become a complete monster." She looked uneasy but her face lit up again as she glanced at Joe, "You didn't tell everything!" Ann and Joe shared confused glances.
"You didn't tell them that you wish Ann was your girlfriend."
"What!" Joe shouted, his face turning red like a tomato. "Uh...what are you talking about Celina..." He stared at the ground avoiding eye contact with Ann.
"Well...I think, that part isn't necessary Celina." Ann said quickly, her face was turning red too. "That's all about us."

Spoiler! :
Sorry for taking so long to post this everyone. >.> I was really busy with studies and other stuff.
Also, @Mage thanks so much for reminding me that I should post soon...

Just keep writing, writing, WRITING! :D

299 Reviews

Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:18 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Niceo:

"We can speak the same language," he replied sarcastically. "Simply 'planet Earth' would do." He brushed some more sand from his suit and smiled momentarily. Of course, since neither he nor his family could make one that appeared genuine, it looked more like he was grinning playfully, or perhaps maliciously. He cursed under his breath; it was a habit that he always kept forgetting about. Niceo didn't want to start with this conversation on the wrong impression, but that seemed to be what was happening. Hopefully, Peregrine didn't think about it, or notice it. The last thing he wanted was unnecessary tension.

Yet...how does he speak the same tongue as I do?

The thought flickered through Niceo's mind, and he narrowed his eyes in suspicion. "I don't want to come across as rude, but how is it that we can come from different worlds, and yet actually understand each other? I've never seen or heard anyone who might resemble you or your appearance, nor any of the locations you speak of, so I haven't any reason to believe you wrong. Indeed, you have an accent I'm not familiar with, nor could I imagine a merchant where I'm from being wealthy enough to afford your outfit.

"Something's wrong. You say you're from Earth, wherever that place is. And I will assure you I come from the world of Fayne. There I am the child of a newly-crowned king and queen, the successors to a long and thriving dynasty. I have heard much, seen more, and been taught even more - I have had the power, wealth, and strength to. Somehow, here I am, here you are, and this does not add up. I don't know if I can call you a liar just yet, and you seem believable. But, is there more to this story than you're willing to admit?"

Niceo looked out over the ocean waves, and finished quietly, tentatively. "From what I can tell, unless you have an escape route, it's not like we have much of a choice but to be frank."

Spoiler! :
aagh school and my poor memory, sorry. ;-;

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:10 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Peregrine Baines:

Though he would never reveal the truth about himself, he could attempt a reasonable explanation as to why they understood each other. He knew why he could converse with Niceo; it was the girl listening to their every word that was the difficult part.

"Seeing that we come from different worlds," he began, choosing his response carefully, "and that I came here through what I suppose was a portal, I can come to the conclusion that magic is real." The prince before him was most likely already aware of this fact. He had always guessed that if other worlds existed, they would also possess magic. "It may be possible that the magic that brought us here is the reason for our understanding of each other's languages."

He wasted no time in continuing. Any second he faltered could lead to Niceo further doubting his lie. "I am looking for a woman named Schadel Kueper. She has black hair and eyes the color of silver. I saw her go through the portal, and when she didn't come back, I entered through it myself." He glanced around the island, his eyes settling on something in the distance. "I can make out a cave," he informed the three. "I believe it would be wisest for us to continue our discussion there, seeing that none of us know what lurks on this island."

Spoiler! :
It's fine! :D I love how Niceo says planet Earth would do, but then he goes onto to say, "world of Fayne." Hypocrite. :P
mage

queer and here.

"Everything you can imagine is real."
— Pablo Picasso