z

Young Writers Society

Desert Island RP

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:27 am
View Likes
Halfbloodcheetah says...

This RP consists of your character(s) waking up on a desert island. FAR FAR away from any land so swimming and flying are not options. The water is full of sharks and the island is full of ravenous creatures. Have fun.
Someone needs to make Captain Cold a fursona.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:18 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Ruma Glider:

Laying, on a beach, seems to be a man. Not an ordinary man. No, this man is special. It's easy to tell by the way he's dressed in all black, and how he reacts to waking up on a desert island.
A curse escapes his lips upon the realization that he failed. He, Ruma Glider, never fails in killing one of his targets. And yet this arrogant prince had done what no other had-Hired a fairly decent wizard.
He unsteadily gets to his feet, silver eyes taking in his surroundings. Where could he possibly be? The wizard has certainly sent him off to some faraway place, but where that faraway place is the question.
His gaze travels to the sky. Nightfall is quickly approaching, and he is shelterless. Monsters will most likely be patrolling the island during that time of darkness, if this place has the same rules as his world.
He pulls out a long and sharp knife from his black boot, the dagger glinting in the light of the setting sun.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:12 am
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Ann Fletcher

"Yeow," A sharp pain shot through Ann's body as she tried to get up. Her gaze was fixed on the orange sky; the sun was setting and the air was getting cold.
Where am I? What is this place
Again, she tried to lift herself up from the sandy ground. The never ending sea met her eyes as she sat down. Am I stranded in some kind of an island?
Ann tried to recall what happened to her. Her eyes widened as everything seeped to her head. She got teleported via some kind of a portal when her team was battling against Frost. If she got here, what happened to the others? What happened to Joe?
With wobbly feet and painful limbs, she scrambled to her feet. It was getting dark, and that wasn't good. Back in the Myth, traveling along during the night was just welcoming death. She had to find someone to help her, and she needed to get back and help her friends. She scanned the island for any sign of life, "Hello? Is anyone there?"

Spoiler! :
Ann's a fourteen-year-old girl with battling powers. She wearing a normal orange T-shirt and black trousers along with black sneakers. She has brown partially curly hair and big round blue eyes which gives her a somewhat cute look. But she's nothing like that.

Just keep writing, writing, WRITING! :D

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:22 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Magestorrow Rian:

It was happening again.

He could feel the heat of the flames as they danced with the stars, could feel the cool breeze freezing his back as the fire engulfing the house cooked his front. He could hear the dying screams of the woman who had taken him on when he was a pick-pocket on the streets.

A desperate cry left his lips as he rushed towards the house. But he couldn't save her. He couldn't even enter the house, for he was too terrified of the angels standing guard.

He knew he should run. Yet his feet were stuck to the ground, and will power needed to escape was in short supply. One of the angels saw him. She directed two of her soldiers to head to where he was standing. Eyes widening in fear, he could only stare with horror as one plunged a sword through his heart.

He shot up with a start. He could feel the tears staining his cheeks, and knew his heart was beating faster than normal. Upon realizing it had only been a nightmare, he took a deep breath and let a shaky one back out. He was alright. He was alive.

He looked next to him in the hopes that Soul would be there. Soul would make things alright if he was there; he was sure of it.

To his shock, he was met with the sight of sand. And, farther away, waves licking the beach he had somehow ended up on. "Soul?" he hesitantly asked. There was no response. "Soul?" he repeated, speaking louder than before.

He tried to remember what had happened. He faintly remembered getting attacked by a band of humans. One of them had possessed strange magic. A strange oval had appeared before him. Colors had swirled together in a beautiful away; that is, until he had been roughly shoved into it by one of the attackers.

"Hello? Is anyone there?"

The speaker was female; barely a teenager from the sound of her voice alone. Despite that, he had to maintain his act. Only Soul had seen through it, and he intended to keep it that way. Pretending to be something he wasn't was his only way of survival when alone.

He curled his lips into a cold smile. Pushing back his cloak, he withdrew his sword from the sheath that hung at his side. If she turned out to be an enemy, he would be prepared.

"You are not alone," he informed her. He quickly located the speaker. She wasn't too far away from him, and his earlier guess had been right - she appeared to be in her teens.

She was dressed in an orange shirt, black pants, and strange black shoes. Her brown hair was somewhat curly, and her big blue eyes made her seem cute. But there was something in the way she held herself that told him it was just an illusion. She knew how to fight, and he didn't doubt that she would use her skills against him if he showed a sign of weakness.

He walked over to her, each step purposefully slow. "My name is Magestorrow Rian. What is yours, human girl?"

Spoiler! :
Hi, @writerkitty, and welcome! :D I decided to use a different character than the one I originally posted for, so please ignore Ruma's post. I thought you would like a description of Magestorrow so Ann could describe him.

Magestorrow has black eyes - he doesn't seem to have pupils. His limbs are lean and thin, and his skin is incredibly pale. He has long, scarlet hair in a low ponytail that goes down to his waist. He's a demon, so he has a tail, pointy ears, and a pair of horns. The tail and horns are bright red. He wears a pair of leather boots, a black cloak, light brown tunic, and black pants.
mage

queer and here.

151 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:40 am
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Ann Fletcher
"You're not alone," A manly voice made Ann jump. She turned around quickly and discovered that there was someone nearby.
A somewhat tall skinny figure emerged towards Ann. In the dim light, she wasn't able to clearly identify who it was, but as the person took a few steps towards her Ann's heart started to skip.
It was no ordinary human. The tall figure seemed to be a demon of some kind. He had black eyes with no pupils and his skin was incredibly pale.
Ann took a step back and reached for her dagger which was hidden in her trouser pocket. The bright red horns on top of his head, the pointy ears and the tail dangling behind him proved the fact that this person was indeed a demon. Ann gulped as the demon started to speak again.
Surprisingly, he didn't say anything like, "Prepare to die," or "Prepare to face the wrath of the demon." He simply introduced himself and asked Ann's name. His black outfit consisting of leather boots, a cloak, light brown tunic and black pants made him look like a dark character. But his scarlet hair which was bundled into a low ponytail added a little decency to his appearance.
Gripping hold of the dagger inside her pocket she scanned the demon before answering. Ann's eagle eyes caught that this demon was prepared for an attack if she turned out to be an enemy. "I'm Ann Fletcher," She said quickly. "And I may look like a human, but I'm not entirely human."
She brushed back a few strands of brown hair from her face using her free hand. "Also, I don't wish to be your enemy."

Spoiler! :
Hello! Thank you for the welcome! :D
Okay, I'll ignore that post, I think your new character is awesome! :D
Oh, and i forgot to add, Ann's not a human. She's a Mythopal. (More like a human in the Mythical world) I'll come to that part later!
Last edited by writerkitty on Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:18 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Magestorrow Rian:

He lowered his sword, but didn't put it away. "How can you be only part human?" he asked. He didn't see any demon traits to her appearance, or a pair of angelic wings coming out of her back.

There was sudden movement from the bushes at the edge of the beach. He screamed when something burst out of the bushes. The something proved to be a rat.

He glanced at Ann. She was staring at him. He couldn't tell if it was with amusement or surprise. Maybe both. Just as quickly as he had looked at her, he looked away. He repeated his earlier question in an attempt to change her focus to something else. "How can you be only part human?" He doubted it would work, but was worth a shot. "You do not have the traits of a demon or an angel."

Spoiler! :
Aw, thanks! >//< Oh, just so you know, Magestorrow's ears are just pointy. They're his skin color, not red.
mage

queer and here.

151 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:31 pm
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Ann Fletcher
Ann stared at him with surprise when he screamed. Then she snorted with laughter.
Sure, it was kind of startling when something jumps out of a bush, but screaming wasn't actually what she'd expect from a demon. He glanced at her and looked away quickly. Ann tried to hide her smile and took a step towards him, still gripping hold of her dagger in her pocket.
Magestorrow repeated his question as if to change the subject. And the last part of question made Ann laugh out aloud again.
"Well, to be precise I come from a world known as the Myth. It's the home to all mythical creatures and a species of human-like beings who possess amazing powers like elemental powers and stuff.Generally, they're called guardians," She began her wise talk, "and I'm a guardian, and I'm also the leader of the battle skilled team. I've mastered many skills such as archery and sword fighting. And I have much more experience than the other students in the academy. And I think now you know why I don't have traits of a demon or angel."
She folded her arms in front of her chest and narrowed her sea blue eyes, "Okay, that's enough about me. You can put away your sword now." With that, she threw her dagger to the ground. "I'm not supposed to trust you, but right now I don't think I have any other choice."
The way the demon got so startled at the sight of a small creature, made her feel less afraid of Magestorrow, and it also reminded her of Joe. She had to go back and help Joe.

Spoiler! :
Oops, I fixed the 'red ears' back to normal 'pointy ears' ;)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:44 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Magestorrow Rian:

Another world? Ann didn't seem like she was lying, but he had never heard of there being any place besides Alium.

There was the slight possibility that she knew of the world he came from. And maybe she would know how to get back to Soul if he told her? He hesitated before slipping his sword back into its sheath.

"I am from a world called Alium. The angels reside in Caelum, which is in the sky. The humans reside in Medium, which is the world's surface. And the demons, like myself, reside underground in Infernum. I was traveling in Medium with a human by the name of Soul Error Arwitch..." He realized how stupid that sounded the minute the words left his lips. He was a demon. He was supposed to look down on humans. He quickly added, "He is my slave."

His gaze turned to her. He hoped with all his might that she knew how he could return.
mage

queer and here.

151 Reviews

Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:21 pm
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Ann Fletcher
Ann looked thoughtful for awhile she had never heard about a world called 'Alium'
She shrugged and picked up her dagger. "Well, I don't know anything about this world you're talking about," She slid it back into the leather case in her pocket.
Magestorrow was gazing at her, most probably he was expecting her to explain how to get back. Ann knitted her eyebrows and stared at the sea. "And I don't now about this island either, I have a blurry memory about coming here. I don't know how to go back."

She took a few slow steps towards the beach. The setting sun made everything look dark orange, and the cold wind made her shudder. "But I do know one thing, it's not safe to wander alone when it's dark. We need to find a cave or something to spend the night." Ann spun around and locked her gazed on the demon. "Listen, we need to work together if we need to get out of here. I'll work with you under one condition, I'm not going to be your 'slave' are we clear?" She asked with a sudden stern tone.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Magestorrow Rian:

After a moment of silence, he nodded. "Alright," he agreed. He knew he should come up with something to add after that, but his mind was elsewhere.

She seemed to accept his answer.

Before she could say anything else, he rushed ahead of her. His feet flew across the sand as he headed off in a direction he had picked without reason. He was waiting for Ann to interrupt him, to tell him he couldn't take the lead just because he was use to controlling the actions of humans.

He had hoped she wouldn't see him raising his arm up to his face. And, if she did, he hoped she would put the pieces together and realize that tears had begun to stream down his cheeks.

He had realized, sitting alone in a cold cell, that anyone who he grew close to would always leave him in the end. His parents. Kiera. Soul. He knew it wasn't their fault, but it still meant he was alone.

There had been too many attackers. Soul was gone. He had probably died in the battle. If he hadn't been shoved into the weird oval-thing, he probably would have died too.

He couldn't run anymore. He skid to a halt. Try as he might, he couldn't stop the tears from falling.
mage

queer and here.

151 Reviews

Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:27 pm
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Ann Fletcher
To Ann's relief, he agreed to her idea without hesitation. Ann opened her mouth to say something but Magestorrow started to run ahead of her without allowing her to say anything at all. "Hey!" She shouted at him. "Where are you running? I thought we agreed to work as a team? You can't just take the lead like that you know!"
No matter what she said, the demon kept on running aimlessly.
With an annoyed sigh, Ann ran after him muttering about how strange some people can be.

Thanks to her supreme athletic skills, she managed to catch up with him within a few seconds. "What's your problem..." her voice died down as she saw Rian's face which was half hidden by his arms. Ann swore that she saw tears pouring down his cheeks.
Ann slowed down and allowed him to run ahead of her again. He halted in the sandy shore, just a few feet away from Ann.
What's wrong with him? Why did he start to cry all of a sudden? Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
No, she was right, tears were dripping down the demon's pale face, they landed on the cool soft sand.
With a doubtful look, Ann took a few slow steps towards him, but not too close, she still remembered that he had a sword with him. "Hey," She said softly, "What's wrong?"
Usually, Ann didn't have a soft spot. She was all about battling and learning and defeating enemies. But this demon, whom she had just met, clearly seemed to have a lot of disturbing events in his head. And she knew how that felt.
Maybe he lost someone he really cares about, or maybe he just wants to get out of here?
Various thoughts invaded Ann's mind, and she didn't really know what to say next, but she waited patiently until Magestorrow say something.
Last edited by writerkitty on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:03 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Magestorrow Rian:

"Hey, what's wrong?"

He turned to see Ann staring next him. Frantically, he tried to wipe away the tears that were still falling. "Nothing," he tried to lie, but the look of disbelief she gave him made him unable to continue with his lie.

What was he supposed to do now? He had never thought of how he was supposed to act in a situation like this; the thought of this sort of event happening had never even crossed his mind.

Ann seemed concerned. Soul had been concerned too, back in the cell they had shared. Soul had been a kind person - a fresh batch of tears fell at the thought of his deceased friend - so Ann most likely was as well. Soul hadn't misused the truth.

The best course of action, he realized, was to tell Ann the truth. But where to begin? Soul had caught on; all he had to do was answer his questions. Ann, on the other hand, still saw him as a cold-hearted demon.

He took a deep breath to both build up his courage and to try stopping his crying. "I've been acting." That, unsurprisingly, gained him a confused stare from her. "I'm not cold-hearted. That's just how most humans see us, so I've always acted that way around them. It's how I can survive...If I don't act like that, they'll treat me like dirt."

He tried wiping away more tears. "That's why I said that Soul was my slave. Humans and demons aren't supposed to be friends, so how was I supposed to justify our traveling together?" He stared down at his feet. "But now Soul's gone. We were attacked. I got pushed through a weird oval thing, and he was left behind. There's no way he could have survived! There was too many of them! I would have died too! lt always works like that! I'm always left alone! While everyone I care about goes onto the afterlife, I'm stuck by myself, mourning their deaths! I thought Soul was different! He freed everyone in the dungeon we were in! I thought he was strong, but there's no way he could have lived!"
mage

queer and here.

151 Reviews

Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:23 pm
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Ann Fletcher
"I'm sorry Rian," Ann said softly. His words hit her like a dagger. She'd heard a similar talk before. Back when she was in the academy, the shadow powered girl named Portia needed her help and she refused to help her because she was part demon. The guilt was still crawling on her back. They both remained silent for awhile.

"Soul must be a really good friend," She managed to break the silence by raising her voice a little, "I know how you feel when people treat you like dirt just because you're different in a good way."
She let out a low sigh and raised her face to look at the demon, "I'm not...a very good person, once I didn't help a really nice girl because she was part...demon, so I know how good this Soul must've been. I also have a friend like him, his name's Joe. He's a stupid boy, but he has a heart of gold. I'm sure that if you'd ever meet him, he'll gladly be your friend and he'll help you in every way he can. He'll never abandon you...He has a lot of people to love him, so he can give it to other people..." Ann's voice trailed off. She stared at her feet and tried to keep her voice steady, "But, I know how it feels to be all alone. I know how it feels when everyone you ever care about just leaves you in this world. I may not be the nicest person, and I don't know you well either, but we have things in common."
She forced a smile, showing out her dimples which were hidden most of the time. "I'm not going to abandon you on this island, I can guarantee you that. If you accept me as a friend, I'll try my best to help you, this is a chance for me to change...and a chance for you to make a new friend." She took in a deep breath and started at the darkening sky, "I'm not going to die here, I need to get back to my friend, and you do too. Maybe Soul's alive! I'm going to help you get back to him! I'm a good warrior, don't you worry, I won't abandon you, I promise." Rian was staring at her, a new energy was rising inside Ann, she didn't feel scared or alone anymore. For some reason, she felt that having Rian by her side, gave her more strength and more determination.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:51 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Magestorrow Rian:

He wiped away his tears. "Thank you," he simply said. No other words were needed for her to understand how he felt about what she had told him. "You can call me Mage," he offered. "Soul did too. Magestorrow's a bit of a mouthful..." He took a deep breath. Another hard thing to admit. "I'm not sure how helpful I'll be. Don't treat like I'm just a kid, but I'm only eleven years old. I'm just tall for my age, and good at deepening my voice."

He finally wiped away all of his tears. "So what should we do first?"
mage

queer and here.

151 Reviews

Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:34 pm
View Likes
writerkitty says...

Ann Fletcher
Ann gave him another friendly smile, "Well, that won't be much of a problem Mage, I just turned fourteen last week!"
Eleven, I really thought that he was fifteen or something, he sure is pretty good at deepening his voice.
She thought as she gazed at him.
"Well, as I said earlier, let's find some place to spend the night. We don't know for sure what kind of creatures lurk this island at night. It's best not to take risks." She said as she scanned the beach. "Then, we can discuss what we should do next."
Last edited by writerkitty on Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It is most unlikely. But - here comes the big "but" - not impossible.
— Roald Dahl