Young Writers Society

house in flames on rainy night

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:02 pm
Mageheart says...

Ruma Glider:
Ruma waited for Summer to respond. When she didn't do so, he replied, "I was in the middle of a battle with a somewhat strong wizard-He was preventing me from killing that corrupt and foolish king. Afterwards, my plan was to head to the kingdom of Exelna."
He fell silent. The prince had been kidnapped by one of those damn dragons, and Ruma hadn't been there to save him. Now there was only the princess, and if anything happened to her, the kingdom would be in ruin.
He had to find a way back to Drea and had to rescue the prince before any other harm could fall upon him.

@Deadpool

Spoiler! :
I think you forgot or got mixed up on the whole prince thing, BellaRoma...Ruma was trying to kill a king, not the prince. Trust me when I say that Ruma would never do that.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Reviews: 0
Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:33 pm
madeupwords says...

Janie Finn:
An old, beat up Buick in very faded red pulled up the curb in front of the burning house. The driver sat in the car for moment, staring at the flames eating away at it. Sher finally opened the car door after a moment and climbed out slowly, eyes on the fire. She went to the people talking a ways away from the house, at a very safe distance - unless there was some horrible, freak accident, she thought, as if a fire isn't 'freak accident' enough. "Excuse me," she said, raising her voice slightly to catch their attention. "I may be intruding," she realised. "But what's going on?" In the orange light coming from the fire, it could be seen that she was a young lady with pale skin, unnatural light blonde hair, and soft features.
She passed through this neighborhood often on her way to work, class, and to the theater, and while she didn't know anyone here, it was still shocking to her that something like this could hit so close to home.
Spoiler! :
So sorry if this is poorly written! I'm pretty new to roleplaying on this site and I welcome any pointers, advice, and constructive criticism!

Reviews: 3
Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:48 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

Summer:

I looked at the strange man,

I had many questions, but this man seemed quite agitated, so I just said,

"Hi, my name's Summer."
Winterfell is cold.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:22 pm
BellaRoma says...

Claudia

"So, you just... appeared here?" I asked, digesting Ruma's tale. He nodded.
I thought back to my musing on coincidences, believing that perhaps he wasn't here by mistake, either. How funny - the more I thought of Ruma's somewhat dramatic entrance, I realised I didn't remember arriving on the street, as if I were dreaming...
But I had to get here somehow. This is all so real!
An idea began to form in my head, so I turned to Summer to set about investigating it. "Summer, do you remember coming outside?"
"Of course. That's a pretty stupid question!"
"All I recall is that I wanted to get away, and then I was just, well, here," I explained, before yet another new arrival interrupted me.
Okay, what is with this place?
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:01 pm
Mageheart says...

Ruma Glider:
Realizing what she was getting at, Ruma turned to the young woman who had just arrived in that strange red carriage. "All of us ended here, and not a single one of us knows why this house is burning." Ruma clenched his fists. This failure could cost his beloved prince his life. And he called himself an assassin. What an arrogant and cocky fool he was!
Ruma pushed those thoughts away. He needed to figure out how to get back, and thinking about his failure wasn't going to get him anywhere. "What do you remember before ending up here?" He questioned the woman.

@madeupwords
mage

queer and here.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:25 am
View Likes
FallWolf says...

-Winkilia Bomade

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

Jayson mumbled something and shook the vortex machine. I could feel heat licking at me, even tough we had landed outside of the burning building. The flames clawed at us greedily, crackling and booming in their dry voices, hissing at the dampness of the night. Morphing back into human from my Starbeast form, I grabbed Jayson and pulled him away from the fire. I looked back and noticed something.

Figures... outlined in black by the blaze.

"Wink... the vortex machine... I think it's broken." Jayson said, fiddling with said machine frantically. "It's not letting me set anything anymore! Oh, why was I even curious about this?! Anything to do with you and your people just tries to kill me."

"Be quiet. Please." I squinted at the people. I saw with horror that one had silver eyes.

Sam stares up at me with he wide, brown eyes. "Where's Mali?" She whispers tearfully. I knew where Mali was... but I wouldn't tell my baby sister where she was.

I heard a scream and looked back out from the escape pod. A Starbeast I did not know comes careening around the corner, slamming into the wall. I run to help him, only to realize that his eyes are glass, empty and void of life. I choke, my mouth dry, and look back up the hallway, the battle screams and cries falling on my ears like some horrible beast. And in the confusion of smoke I see a man... a man with silver eyes.

"Wink? Wink! Don't do that!" Jayson waves his hand in front of my face and I start back to reality. He looks at me worriedly. "Did you hear me? We're stranded here!"

I shake my head to get rid of the memory, and then start towards the figures outlined by flame.

"Wait, what are you doing?" Jayson cries, running beside me, "We don't know if they're friendly or nice or anything! You can't just walk up to them"

But I could. And I knew that they were not friendly.

I couldn't kill the silver-eyed man. It wasn't my judgment to make. But I could scare him a little... let him know that the Starbeasts haven't forgotten the war.

102 Reviews

Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:08 am
BellaRoma says...

Claudia

There was a thud, and a bluish glow that clearly wasn't from the fire. Suddenly a black-clad figure burst forth from the flames, and began running at Ruma with the most alarming battle cry, closely followed by another silhouette.
"Uh, friends of yours?" I asked him. They walked through the flames much as he had done.
"I could hardly answer that," he replied. "I cannot see them."
"I think it's obvious enough, so MOVE!" I yelled, shoving him out of the way.
Once Ruma had dusted himself off, we moved back a few paces, so the four of us who'd already been here stood as a group.
The second new arrival had caught up with his companion. It was clear to see that they were arguing, the way they kept pointing at us, and the burning house.
Now I was about to spill over with curiosity. What was bringing all these people here? It was driving me crazy!
I had one theory, but probably only because I'd seen way too much Doctor Who...

@Deadpool

Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:09 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

Summer

I stood there silent

I was quivering on the inside
I would never tell them my story
Summer did not fit my shady personality at all . . .
I nodded
Voices screaming in my head
I twitched . . . They noticed that something was wrong with me. I slapped myself.
Winterfell is cold.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:41 pm
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@BellaRoma, @FallWolf, @Deadpool, and @madeupwords: I'm going to make some changes to Ruma's character. I finally established a story for him, and I don't want the two now different storylines to confuse me. So I'll give you four the basics of Ruma Glider.
1.) Ruma is from the kingdom of Laetae.
2.) Ruma meant to kill the wizard, and then return to Laetae to visit a grave.
3.) The grave was for the kingdom's Prince Nendros, who died on Christmas several months prior.
4.) Ruma calls normal people commoners, not peasants.
5.) The wizard cast a spell that sent him to a random location. In the actual story, that is the "Castle of Blood", but in this roleplay Ruma ended up at the burning house.

Well, I'm good now! Onto the roleplay, and welcome @FallWolf! I believe that our characters are becoming very well acquainted. :D Also, isn't it ironic that the character who the most information is given about, at least as of right now, is the assassin of the group. Claudia and Summer are still extremely mysterious, and the new characters haven't had that much time yet. Though I think I know what's up with Summer. :D

Ruma Glider:

He didn't dare to close his eyes, knowing that, though it would help him to focus, it would also leave him vulnerable. In a quick, effortless motion, he withdrew a knife from the depths of his cloak. Silver eyes took in the two new arrivals.
"Who are they?" he questioned, more to himself than to anyone else. He certainly had never made them his enemies. They weren't the children of a deceased ruler. They were teenagers.
"You don't know?!" Claudia exclaimed.
"No. I do know and that is just a rhetorical question," Ruma replied with a roll of his eyes. No matter what realm one was in, people still had trouble grasping the obvious. "There is no way that they could have become my enemies." Even if they knew my past, I doubt that they would be hateful of the choices that we made...

@FallWolf
mage

queer and here.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:54 pm
View Likes
RedEyedRunt says...

Summer

I slowly backed away from the crowd, hoping they wouldn't notice me, I slowly cried out when I stepped on something extremely hot.
Winterfell is cold.

102 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:45 pm
View Likes
BellaRoma says...

Claudia

I still couldn't get over my unease around Summer. Nothing she'd said seemed to ring true, somehow.
Oh, damn - she said she didn't set the fire.... For that matter, she told me she lived across the road, yet she hasn't tried once to run inside.
Until now.

31 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:31 pm
View Likes
FallWolf says...

-Wink

I growled as Jayson caught my arm. "Hey, you're supposed to stop fighting people we just met?" I shook him off, but reason had already taken over and I stopped. "Okay, good, improvement. For once you actually listened to me." Jayson grumbled crossly.

"Just leave it Jayson." Silver Eyes pulled a knife, and I realized that he had no idea who I was, or what I was.

"Are we gonna go say hello now, or are you going to do your signature attacking thing?" Jayson seemed uneasy about something. He was staring at the pack of people, watching one of them slowly edge away. "She's edging right into the fire..." he muttered, and started running foreward.

Now it was me following Jayson, and it only took us a couple strides to level with the other humans. I saw the girl that had been edging away place her foot on a piece of smouldering wood and cry out, but before she could fall onto more flaming pieces of house, Jayson grabbed her arm and pulled her back. Seeing the crisis averted, I turned to the silver man.

"Okay, time for some Q and A. My name is Wink, and this is Jayson," I gestured to Jay, "and why are you all standing around a burning house?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:21 am
Mageheart says...

Ruma Glider:

Ruma looked the new arrivals over. Realizing that they were probably in the exact same situation as he was, Ruma explained, "A spell was cast on me when I tried to assassinate a king." He purposely kept it vague. "I ended up in this realm as a result. I do not know about these two girls." He gestured at Summer and Claudia.
It was at that moment that Ruma realized something incredibly important.
He had no way to get back home.
He felt a sudden pang of homesickness when he thought of his little cabin in the woods, and his beloved horse Hazel. How was Hazel? Had she been shot or captured? And who would take care of the prince's grave? Certainly not the king or queen. They had forsaken him after the incident.
Ruma Glider was helpless - just like back then. He could do nothing to change his fate, do nothing to resist whatever hardship came his way.
To his surprise, something slid down his face and wet the cloth that covered the lower half of his face. He glanced up. Yet there wasn't a cloud to be seen in the sky, the only bits of gray being the smoke billowing off the building.
mage

queer and here.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:26 pm
View Likes
RedEyedRunt says...

Summer

Uh oh . . . Claudia was onto something, had to get out of there. A large mustang pulled up.

"Get in."

I hopped in. Joker looked me straight in the eyes.

"So Jackie, how did it go?"

I refused to talk.

"We killed people back there . . ."

"So."

"What we did was wrong."

"Oh get used to it."

"NEVER."

I jumped out and tumbled onto the road. The mustang drove on. I was now a fugitive to the villains. I couldn't believe it . . . I needed to ask innocent people for help . . .

PLOT TWIST!!!!!!!!
Winterfell is cold.

31 Reviews

Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:01 am
View Likes
FallWolf says...

-Jayson

Sometimes I think it can't get any weirder... but I should know better. First, totally Doctor Who-ish last-of-her-species alien girl, who I still haven't figured out. Next, a broken escape pod and a flurry of adventures. And then... a box. Wink calls it the Vortex Machine, but I think it must be AI because seriously. I did nothing to make it turn on. But turn on it must, and this time it landed us is deeeeeep trouble. I mean, any moment now the police are going to be along and see this little gang hanging out by a burning building and they're gonna think
we set the fire. Additionally, and another reason I think the Vortex Machine is more than just a machine, is that it keeps vibrating and moving. If any police man sees the box, they'll probably kill themselves trying to "disable" it.

You can't disable the VM. I've tried.

"I ended up in this realm as a result. I do not know about these two girls."
I look up through the heat haze to look at the dark knight. He looks strange, a medieval fairy-tale human set against the background of some unnamed town, 2016.

"What's your name?" Wink asks. I'm glad that she always does the talking. I have enough trouble stopping her from attacking everyone that even just looks at us.

"My name is Ruma Glider."

The girl beside him pipes up too to answer Winks question. Her name is Claudia. The other girl has disappeared, I don't know where to. Rats. Too caught up in my own mind to pay attention to what's happening outside.

Wink again: "We didn't come here by spell. Well, not as you know it. We came here with the help of a machine that can travel... actually, we're not sure what we travel through, but Jayson is pretty sure it's dimensions."

Stories. Dimensions. Whatever. She got it mostly right.

I cough from the smoke. "We should get away from the fire. Isn't there somewhere more civilized we can continue to piece together why we're all here?"

You have light and peace inside you. If you let it out, you can change the world around you.
— Uncle Iroh, Avatar the Last Airbender