Young Writers Society

house in flames on rainy night

Reviews: 0

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:50 pm
BellaRoma says...

Claudia

I watched the blaze, unsure which of the dark plumes within its glow were smoke, and which were steam where rain touched fire.
Waves of heat barreled towards me from the disintegrating house, while ice cold raindrops ran down my back and dripped from my hair. Speechless, I crossed my arms in front of me, just wondering ...
Who had set the fire? Somehow I knew that this was no accident. How had they done it? When? Why?
Oh, God, was anyone inside the house at the time?
The idea of calling for help occurred to me, but then I'd have to explain what I was doing walking this way in the middle of the night. It all seemed like some sick cosmic joke.

But coincidence, not so much...
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

Reviews: 3
Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:29 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

Summer

I watched the fire devour the house, I stand there in shock, refusing to move. There were people in there, Who would do that?? Why?? Tears start to escape my eyes . . .
Winterfell is cold.

102 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:31 pm
BellaRoma says...

Claudia

A few feet away, flickering in and out of the shadows to the rhythm of the flames, I could swear another figure stood entranced. Another bystander, or an arsonist admiring their work? Conflicting urges not to be alone and not to be noticed ran through my head at lightning speed.
"He-hello?" I called nervously. "Who's there?"
Great, Claud, just great! They probably won't even hear you, much less... you know, want to answer!
To my surprise, I was wrong...

Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:11 am
RedEyedRunt says...

I heard a faint voice, i turned my head, it was a another girl,

"Are you talking to me?"
Winterfell is cold.

102 Reviews

Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:38 am
BellaRoma says...

"Um, yes," I replied. "Who are you?"
Her question had raised another. Were there other people here watching besides us? I shivered.
I walked closer to her, my Converse squelching wetly with each step. Of course, I kept a safe distance away. I wasn't completely stupid.
"Call me Summer," she said simply. "And yourself?"
"Claudia."
"There were people in there, you know..." Summer's voice now shook, as if she was on the verge of crying.
I just shook my head for want of a better response. It must be one sick bastard who started this fire.
We said it seconds apart, as though it clicked at the same time for both of us. "Wait - what are you doing here?"

Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:48 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

I stared at her tears in my eyes.

"I honestly don't know what I am doing here, I just heard about a fire and came here as fast as possible . . ."

"Why?"

"I only want to help, but I don't have the guts . . ."

(my real name is Summer! :D )
Winterfell is cold.

102 Reviews

Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:48 pm
BellaRoma says...

The next few moments passed as a frame-by-frame of worried glances to and fro. Her. The house, now little more than a skeleton of debris for its size. Every time I looked back to the house, something was slightly different, like in the pages of a flip-book.
Summer and I wore near identical expressions - concern for what had clearly happened, blended with frustration.
"You never said why you were here," said Summer, awkwardly breaking the silence.
"I wasn't coming here specifically, but then I saw the fire..." I stopped myself, remembering that I barely knew the girl. Tonight was not the night to put my trust in just anyone. "Now I have another question for you."
"Uh uh," she rebuked. The other girl wagged a finger most vexingly for emphasis. "I don't think so."
Cornered, I snapped, "I'm trying to disappear, okay? Truth is... I don't want to be found."
"Hmm. Now ask." For some reason I knew what she meant.
"How did you know about the fire, Summer? And that there were people inside?"

Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:06 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

"I don't know, I live right across the street, and I saw a fire, I wish I had the guts to help . . ."

I start to cry . . .
Winterfell is cold.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:10 am
Mageheart says...

Ruma Glider:
A form appeared in the flames that licked the sky. Said person wheezed and coughed as he pushed through the red and orange hot spirals. Silver eyes scrutinized the girls from underneath his black, fire resistant cloak's hood.
He swore underneath his breath.
This place didn't look anything like he had seen before, and the fact that he had been teleported into what appeared to be a burning house made him want to slit the wizard's throat.
He, Ruma Glider, the most renowned assassin in all of the kingdoms, had messed up on a job and had failed to kill that arrogant king. And now he was paying the price for his mistake.
"Where am I?" He demanded, pulling out a dagger from his boot. "Tell me or I will slit your tiny throats." A bluff on his part. He only killed corrupt royalty, not little peasant girls.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

102 Reviews

Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:02 pm
BellaRoma says...

Claudia

We screamed.
"You're confused!" I exclaimed. "Where did you come from? You... You were -"
"I take it the people of this realm are unfamiliar with magic," said the silver-eyed stranger.
That explains everything, I thought. He's a total wacko.
"T-tell us why you are here," stuttered Summer.
He lowered the knife. "Peasants, I didn't mean to come here. Now all I want is to get back so I can complete my quest!" He sounded like he'd stepped out out of a fairytale.

Straight into our world. Good luck with that, Gandalf...

(Just a note. They don't know his name)
@Deadpool
Last edited by BellaRoma on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:20 pm
Mageheart says...

Ruma Glider:
He slid the dagger back into its hiding spot, mulling over the small bits of information he knew already. Ruma knew that he was in a place where magic was not common from the girls' reactions to his sudden appearance. He also knew that this place was incredibly different just by the style of their clothes. The girls weren't dressed in the long dresses that he was accustomed to, and their hair wasn't styled the same way.
"Ruma." He grudgingly said. His hands remained at his side as he spoke. "Ruma Glider." Neither of them said anything. He was even more certain than before that he wasn't in his home realm. All recognized the name Ruma Glider. Royalty would always glance over their shoulders, and knights would be prepared to sacrifice themselves for their rulers if Ruma decided that their ruling wasn't just. There was only one who did not look over his shoulder-A slightly younger and incredibly dashing prince.
His heart started to pound at thought of the prince an he glanced back at the flames. It was a night similar to this one when they had first met. A night where a home he had held so close erupted into flames while furious rains tried to douse it. Ruma returned to the two of them.
"I am the most powerful assassin." He added.
Spoiler! :
*laughs* Gandalf. Good one, BellaRoma!
mage

queer and here.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:14 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

Summer:

I looked at the strange man,

I had many questions, but this man seemed quite agitated, so I just said,

"Hi, my name's Summer."
Winterfell is cold.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:36 am
Mageheart says...

Ruma Glider:
Ruma stared at the girl who had just spoken. "I am the most powerful assassin." He repeated.
While the other girl muttered something about him already saying that, Summer replied, "I know. And I'm Summer."
He stared at her for a good minute. Ruma understood that he was now stuck in a very different world, but even when he had been to far away lands people had cowered away from him when he told them how skilled at killing he was. And yet this girl-no, both of the girls-didn't even shake in fear.
What kind of world had he been sent to?

@BellaRoma
mage

queer and here.

102 Reviews

Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:50 pm
View Likes
BellaRoma says...

Ruma repeated that he was the most powerful assassin, like he expected it to have more impact the second time round. It was almost as if he expected us to know him from somewhere, and fear him, but I actually felt pity for the guy (not that I'd show it). He certainly wasn't home anymore...
"I'm Claudia, and I say there are bigger issues here," I replied. "People died in that house! Not to mention Summer and I have our own... quests. Right, Summer?"
"Yeah." I guess she was still a little shy.
"You said you're an assassin - who are you trying to kill?" I added.
"Now, I think 'trying' is an insult," Ruma objected. "The prince will be dead as soon as I find him!"
He immediately looked embarrassed, because he must've thought he'd said too much. That or he'd forgotten where he was again. I doubted I'd know which prince he was talking about even if he told us.
Where were you bound?" he asked, deciding to meet my enquiry with questions of his own.
"Just away," I said quickly. It's not like he'd have known any place I could name, anyway. "What about you?"

Pigeon poop is the best way to solve problems.
— Pompadour