z

Young Writers Society

The Joker's freak show

Reviews: 3
Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:22 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

You've been found on the street. All alone too. People are scared of your talents and oddities so they kick you out. But I suppose I could take you in. Join my show of freaks! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Please . . . take a seat. Have a chat. Tell me your whole story . . . meet other freaks like me and you . . .
Winterfell is cold.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:21 pm
rockycait says...

Clara

It was hard work, being different. I wandered the streets, scouring for food, and wondering what my next stop was. I had just eliminated mY last possibility of saftey, of a family and I had no where else to go.
I finally admitted to myself that I was on my own. I had no one ro turn to, just myself, and my (I shuddered to think of it) gift. People all around me looked at me and ran to the other side of the street. No onewanted to get too close, lest they catch whatever disease seemed to be ailing me.
Until one day that is. One day I found a note attached to my cardboard box that I had come to think of as a home. It said simply "We want you" and on the back was a simple sketch showing me exactly where to go. I got up excitedly and followed where the map led. After all, I thought to myself, I had nothing to lose.
The world is reality but words help you escape

Spoiler! :
I'm not interesting enough to have spoilers, but that doesn't mean I can't use them!

Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:52 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

The Joker

I had left a note for this young girl on the street. She really needed my help. I was busy setting up my amusement park and making it look wonderful! Then out of the corner of my eyes, I saw her coming. I walked towards her. Her eyes suddenly filled with alarm.

"Is it the overcoat? I had no time to change it unfortunately-"

"You're the Joker!"

" Oh. so I am popular?"

"No, you're infamous."

"Who cares. I'm giving you a home."

" I don't want to live with a psychopath."

" If you want to be rejected by everybody, turn around and go "Home"."

"Fine, I'll stay with you . . ."
Winterfell is cold.

9 Reviews

Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:56 pm
rockycait says...

"Fine I'll stay with you" I said. The silence that followed was uncomfortable to the max. I knew that this was my only chance to feel like I belonged somewhere, but why did it have to be with the Joker? Was my gift really such a terrible thing?

I looked around my surroundings and I felt myself smile giddily. It was the beginnings of an amusement park, it was wicked.

"So what is this place anywayd? Why did you invite me here?" I ask the joker.

Spoiler! :
I'm not interesting enough to have spoilers, but that doesn't mean I can't use them!

Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:05 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

"Because, of your gift."

"My "Gift" is more like a curse."

"It doesn't have to be."

She looked at me like I had a point.

"All your life you've been rejected. But now, your gift will be embraced."

Then I heard a loud high pitched voice.

"Mr. J. Where were you? I looked all around the amusement park for you!"

I faked a smile.

"Harley, do me a favor and go do 8 laps around the amusement park."

"But-"

" Harley, can't you see I'm talking with somebody?"

"Oops. Sorry Mr. J."

She skipped off humming.
Winterfell is cold.

9 Reviews

Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:00 pm
rockycait says...

I watched him turn away the girl with a grim sense of satisfaction. I was clearly more important than this Harely girl. Whoever she was. I looked over at the Joker "will we Have many more joining us today?"

Spoiler! :

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:43 pm
JasmineA says...

Elliot Grey

I walked along slowly pulling my black hood down more to hide my face. In one hand I held a canister full of fire ants and in my pocket there was a funnel. I was covered in blood and the satisfied smile on my face could probably give children nightmares.
I wasn't by any means ugly, on the contrary most people seemed to find my dark black hair and almost stormy, grey eyes attractive. If only people learned to think with their heads and not their deprived sexual drive, I probably wouldn't have had my latest 'victim'. The guy had tried to jump me and do things to me so it was only fair that I showed him my gift then killed him in cold blood. People were always shocked by my gift, those who were smart would run, others seemed to enjoy playing with death.

I had finally reached my little hideout. It was an abandoned old fire house, nothing fancy but it suited my needs. I didn't particularly mind being alone. If I was being honest it was best if people stayed away from me. Far away. I sometimes wondered though what it must feel like to have a family or to be loved.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:02 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

Spoiler! :
Hi, I'll be playing my joker character, and a girl named Jackie

Jackie:

I was talking to myself in the red and white circus tent,

You have to get out of here!

No, don't do it, he'll probably hit you, or give you another scar, or remove them by throwing you into the chemicals he was doused in, He's always wanted to do that. . .

That's it, I guess I'm staying,

But you're SO bored. Like always.

Ok, that's a sign he made me crazy, I'm talking to myself . . . Great . . .

I keep doing handstands and try to walk, Can't go out of tent, dad's too scared that an attractive boy will "Sweep me off my feet".

Dang you dad.

I put on concealer, a wig, and a cute tee shirt, and jeans.I run outside the tent,

"OK DAD, THAT'S IT, I'M TAKING A WALK, BE BACK IN AN HOUR."

His bright green eyes followed me, until I was far away and gone,
Winterfell is cold.

You know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart? They're both ridiculous.
— The 12th Doctor