z

Young Writers Society

The Twelve Angels Inn

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:35 pm
Editor says...

From the outside it looks crude, unenjoyable and dirty. Stacked boulders and soft wooden tree trunks make up most of the building's outer structure. It's impossible to see through the darkened windows, but the whispers and weeping from within can be felt outside. As you enter the inn through the worn, metal door, you're welcomed by silence and a horrific scent. The bartender is rubbing a glass with a cloth, though it's not getting cleaner and makes no effort to acknowledge your presence. It's as dreary inside as it is on the outside. Wooden beams support the upper floor and the lanterns attached to them. The walls are completely empty, only covered in a layer of fatty grime. The inn itself is almost completely abandoned. The few people inside appear to be quite ominous and suspicious in your eyes, but whoever they are, you hope they'll leave you alone, just like you're leaving them alone. You did hear rumors about this place, supposedly it's infamous for something, and for the life of you you can't remember what for, although judging by the people in this place, it's probably something shady and possibly dangerous for strangers like you.
ï' ø вøɾε

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:14 pm
Editor says...

Spoiler! :
Short, blonde hair gently hangs over a full, lively face. Shining blue eyes, set a-symmetrically within their sockets, watch gratefully over the place they've come to appreciate over the years of working there. Fair skin beautifully compliments her nose and mouth and leaves a beautiful memory of her always lingering in your memories even after she leaves. This is the face of Bethany Delane, a true angel among humans. She stands gracefully among others, despite her skinny frame. There's something charming about her, perhaps it's her tenderness or perhaps it's simply a feeling of sadness. But nonetheless, people tend to worship her, while thinking of ways to become her friend.

I push open the doors of the inn with my shoulder, holding two buckets of fresh water in my hands. The bartender, Fred, does not seem to notice me coming in. He continues trying to wash the glass in his hand. I walk over to the counter and place the buckets on the counter. "Fred, I got some fresh water. Need help?"
"Yeah, you do that stack over there," he replies. I grab an unused cotton cloth and move towards the tower of dirty glasses, sliding a bucket across the counter to the tower as well. I don't begin yet.
"Any soap, Fred?"
"Soap? Check in the cupboard under the sink," he answers. I do as he says, and find a small vial of pink liquid that seems to be the dish-washing soap. I empty the contents of the vial into my bucket.
"Alright, let's get to work, then," I say, dipping my cloth into the bucket and getting to work. In two minutes, I have three glasses done.

--

"Fred, I'm finished," I sigh, gesturing to the stack of pristine glasses where the dirty ones used to be.
"Can you go see if the men at that table want anything to drink?"
"Okay," I reply, and make my way over to the table of shady characters.
ï' ø вøɾε

That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo - and it's worth fighting for.
— Samwise Gamgee