The Fair Maiden Tavern

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:08 am
Editor says...

You look up at the tavern's sign, reading the fancy script imprinted onto it:
The Fair Maiden Tavern
Rooms 2g/day, Noble's Quarters 10g/day

You force open the double-doors of the Fair Maiden Tavern. The place is over-crowded. There are 8 servers, 6 bouncers, 17 bards, 108 merchants, 19 military elite, 156 nobles, 37 adventurers, 27 priests, 25 shady characters, and 19 other people who con not really be classified into any category. Today's special is mutton meatloaf with spiced apple cider, and so people get it 50% off.
ï' ø вøɾε

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:55 am
Kelpies says...

Spoiler! :
I'm just going to join because I'm too bored for words... Can I just post it like a chapter I'm a newbie to this part of YWS...

Spoiler! :
I push open the double-doors, they were big, but to me they weren't that heavy. People sometimes said so and complimented on my strength, but that was probably just to try to get me to buy them drinks. I never bought anyone drinks, it didn't suit me. I was one of the the "Fair Maidens" at this tavern, but under this lavish dress there was something dangerous, something that could kill you in one fell swoop.

I ordered a stein of beer, it burned as it went down my throat, but seemed to bring the bile up. I swallowed, staring at the people drifting in and out of the Pub. I sat in my usual corner, my dress too bright for anyone to see me as the shady character that I was. A drunk man came waddling over to my table, his mouth still dripping with beer, along with his words. He speech was slurred as he ordered two beers from the server.

"Two?" I asked, feining curiosity.

"One for this lovely flower here" he said, his face so close that I could smell the alchlohol on his breath.

"Cancel that order" I told the order, he yelled something about making up our minds and that he had other people to serve and moved on. The drunk man at my table wrapped his arm around my shoulder, coming closer ever second.

"Any closer and your in for it" I said to him, my voice as calm as a summer breeze.

He kept coming closer, too close. I kneed him right where it hurts. He doubled over and came at me, with a knife in his hand. I drew my own from my bodice. We circled each other like predators, and I flashed my knife-like teeth, they stood out of my mouth like sabers. The shockingly bright dress fell away and in it's place was a dress of raven's feathers. Black bat's wings protruded from my back, flapping as I floated above my target. He dropped his knife and ran, I laughed, my teeth went back into my mouth and I sat back in my corner.

"Pass me another beer" I ordered the bar tender, he didn't say anything this time.

Hehe, shady character indeed.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

Time is not your best friend - unless you use it wisely.
— Marco Pierre White