z

Young Writers Society

A Tavern above the docks

Reviews: 3
Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:13 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

Isabella Winslow

Lily chucked her dagger near my feet. I picked it up and pointed Lily's dagger at Henry's throut. He yeilded and backed away from me. I stabbed his arm

"This is for stabbing Lily!"

I stabbed his leg.

"This is for kidnapping me!"

I dug deeper into his wound.

"And this is for killing my parents!"

Lily ran over to me and had to hold me back from Henry black. Lily said,

"Isabella, if you kill him then your the captain of his ship . . . forever and he will come back . . . he always does."
Winterfell is cold.

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:56 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

Arianna

I sigh in annoyance at my blood covered hands. Wiping them off on my new blouse, I head back into the tavern to wait for Salian. When I get back, a mysterious slip of paper sits on the bed in my room.

Do not look for Salian. He has gotten word of your presence in Wherry and has gone off course. Docked at the usual place.
Yours, Tristan

My arms are marked below that in red wax. I burn the letter, holding it over a candle until all that remains are ashes. Taking the ashes, I mix them in dirty water from the bath.

There, perfect.

Bored, I go back downstairs. The barkeep gives me a wary look and hands me a mug of cider. I flip him a copper and gulp it down thirstily. Nothing seems to be happening in the tavern aside from a tense game of cards, so I head out to the docks.

Surprisingly, I catch a glimpse of someone who resembles Henry Black, a famous sea-captain that was quite young and powerful- and on the right side of the law, unlike myself. He pulls a small girl with him, and I follow, intrigued. He drags her onto his ship, and groaning, I plunge into the water, clothes and all. I swim underwater to a small cove- Black can't possibly have his ship ready to leave, and even if he did, he won't disappear. I emerge next to my ship, The Black Queen, and exchange a few words with Tristan, my first mate.

"I saw Black in the docks. Follow his ship at a distance and train the cannons on him whenever he stops."

He takes my words at face value and runs off, yelling orders. I quickly plunge back into the chopping waves and head towards where I see Black's ship leaving in the distance. My arms grow tired as I grow close, but I push myself, shutting my mind to the pain. A rope twists around my ankle and I sigh in relief. I twist the rope around my arms and slowly pull myself up. The sun sets in the distance and I shiver in the night breeze. By the over of darkness, I climb silently over the stern of the anchored ship and follow my instincts to the captain's cabin. I see him lying there, unarmed, and suppress the urge to kill him.

The ship docks near some sort of grassy plain near dawn. I leap back into the ocean early enough that no one notices anything is amiss. A small dinghy sets off for the shore and I follow it at a safe distance. I catch the glimpse of a small house a bit inland and plunge into the waves, heading for a strip near it, but away from the dinghy.

I wring out my wet clothes and hide myself in a tree. I see Black drag the girl behind him, into the cabin. A few hours later, I hear soft voices. Another girl enters the clearing silently, and then picks up a rock and breaks open the window.

I shake my head, and watch the scene while climbing down. I take a few seconds to pick the lock on the door- stupid girl- and let myself in with a flourish. One of the girls is being held back by the other, but I pay them no mind. My hands are fitting are loading a pistol, and I smile, advancing.

Black stands up slowly, blood dripping from his wounds, and looks at me warily. "And who might you be?"

I let my eyelashes flutter enchantingly before curtseying to him in my salt stained attire. "Arianna Rianoll, queen of pirates, not at all in your service, sir."
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:46 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

Isabella Winslow

Me and Lily stopped as soon somebody entered. Lily let me go. Henry Black grabbed me and tried to hypnotize me. I heard a gun shot and he let me go. I slowly backed away from the stranger . . .
Winterfell is cold.

Reviews: 0
Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:42 pm
Gadgetron1 says...

Lily-16-Pickpocket
"Who is she?" I whispered to my friend as I pulled a bandage out of my shoe and wrapped it round my arm.

Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:55 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

Isabella Winslow

I was quite frightened. The Queen of Pirates right in front of me. Henry black suddenly reached for the queens legs and tripped her. She fell on her face incredibly hard and groaned. Henry Black then hypnotized Lily and she fell down. He then grabbed my hand and struck me across the face. He then dragged me outside and knocked on a tree. The tree turned into a staircase leading into the earth. He then kissed me. I screamed but nothing came out . . .
Winterfell is cold.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:11 am
Gadgetron1 says...

Lily-16-Pickpocket
"Uugh!" I groaned. Those stupid hypnotising eyes of Henry Black. I turned over and sat up before realising. He and Isabella where gone. Ignoring the girl who was still face down on the floor I ran out of the room and searched for them with my eyes

Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:52 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

Isabella Winslow

When Henry Black Turned his back, I attempted to punch him but some sort of force pushed my hand back. Now it all made sense . . . he is invincible. I tried again but with his back turned he grabbed my hand and flipped me forward. I fell down the stairs and into a hidden cove full of treasure. There was a man more handsome then Henry Bl-

"I know what you're thinking."

"Then what am I thinking?"

"That I am more handsome then that man?

He pointed to what I thought was henry. I turned to the "Man".

"What?"

Then the man spoke,

"My name is Henry Black. This man was just a decoy."

He snapped his fingers and I was right next to him.

"You were right, she is a beauty."

"Don't touch me!"

"Oh and she's a fighter too."

He sounded more than pleased . . .
Winterfell is cold.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:36 pm
Gadgetron1 says...

Lily-16-Pickpocket
I growled in anger, Henry and Isabella had disappeared. I turned and stalked back inside. "You!" I cried to the girl on the floor "Help me!" I glanced outside "Please!" I added more softly.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:57 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

Isabella Winslow

" Don't you dare touch me!"

He slapped me incredibly hard. I fell into a pile of coins. I reached around and found a dagger in the pile of coins. I ran at him dagger in hand but with a swipe of his hand he sent me flying backwards.

"Bind this fascinating young woman and leave her in my chambers. she shall provide several hours of entertainment.

I kicked the false henry black and several pirates appeared. I ran up the staircase lading up to the tree and I tried to open the tree but it wouldn't budge. I heard Lily and I screamed and got her attention. She ran up to the tree and knocked on it. The tree opened and I came tumbling out . . .
Winterfell is cold.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:51 pm
Gadgetron1 says...

Lily-16-Pickpocket
"Isabella," I cried in relief stopping her from falling before seeing the Pirates behind her."RUN!" I cried and we did.

When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind