Young Writers Society

Home » Roleplay Main » Roleplays » Roleplay Realm

Rise of the North

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:04 pm
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

Mr Elf Man, if I had any idea about what to do, do you think I'd be the one asking the questions? Absolutely not. If I had ideas, I'd be sharing them, not just asking questions and being like "what do we do y'all"

Yllathaea picked at a tangle in her hair. "We-ell," she said slowly. "Asking for help might be a good idea, but what kind of message is that going to send to other nations? That we're not organized enough or strong enough to deal with some pirates? Mmmmmmmmmaybe we could try... becoming organized enough to deal with the pirates?"
The words came out a little more sarcastic than she intended them to.
I'm the Devil's worst nightmare
I've tasted fire
I've felt the burn of bittersweet
Oh sacrifice

[Previously ChamomilePendragon]
[Quill/Kamryn/Chamomile]
[she/her]

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:33 pm
View Likes
TheScribe says...

(@GrandWild would you like to get a post in?)
Last edited by TheScribe on Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[We are a System. We were formerly @Vil. Honorine (she/her), Carolina (she/her), and I (VP/Vilnius, he/him) will be fronting.]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:41 pm
GrandWild says...

(Once again I've made the mistake of picking a quieter character. Ciaran won't have anything to say just yet!)
"When we walk on the bones of the landscape,
We walk on the Ancient ones themselves.
If we stop and listen,
we can hear their dreams." --Trolls, by Brian and Wendy Froud

Formerly RavenLord, she/her

262 Reviews

Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:33 pm
View Likes
TheScribe says...

(I could've sworn I had posted that in the OOC, oops Ok, good to know!)

"That would require most if not all of us agreeing to an upright, outstanding citizen remaining in charge until further notice," Michael grunted. "Most can't or won't take orders, unless the person in charge was respectable and widely seen as a good choice."
[We are a System. We were formerly @Vil. Honorine (she/her), Carolina (she/her), and I (VP/Vilnius, he/him) will be fronting.]

5 Reviews

Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:49 pm
View Likes

"So what you're telling me is that most people find having their town ravaged by pirates, everything that isn't nailed down stolen, and being terrorized, captured, and killed better than taking orders?"
I've tasted fire
Oh sacrifice

[Quill/Kamryn/Chamomile]
[she/her]

262 Reviews

Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:23 pm
View Likes
TheScribe says...

Michael shrugged. "Like I said, it depends on who's in charge. Additionally, I think it's worth noting that finding a universally approved option would be best regardless."

5 Reviews

Wed May 05, 2021 2:01 am
View Likes

Yllathaea nodded. "Well. Any widely respected citizens around that everyone can agree would be a good leader?"
I've tasted fire
Oh sacrifice

[Quill/Kamryn/Chamomile]
[she/her]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri May 07, 2021 2:40 am
View Likes
GrandWild says...

Piel grinned to himself; there would be plenty of volunteers but no one worthy. He'd bet his finest rings on that.

Ciaran finished off his stout and sat back. There were plenty of respected and respectable citizens here in Owl Tree, but none he would personally endorse. Again, he was more inclined toward a democratic body than a single executive. Individuals were flawed and were liable to get full of themselves once granted power.
"Why settle for one?" he ventured mildly, straightening in his seat.
"When we walk on the bones of the landscape,
We walk on the Ancient ones themselves.
If we stop and listen,
we can hear their dreams." --Trolls, by Brian and Wendy Froud

Formerly RavenLord, she/her

262 Reviews

Fri May 07, 2021 8:05 pm
View Likes
TheScribe says...

Michael shifted in his seat uncomfortably. "I'd rather have one person in charge than a larger number; one person's mind can be convinced to seek wisdom. A larger group would probably result in people choosing sides, and it would ultimately result in the community tearing itself apart."

5 Reviews

Fri May 07, 2021 8:19 pm
View Likes

"'One person's mind can be convinced to seek wisdom'?" Yllathaea repeated. "And who'd be doing the convincing, then?"
I've tasted fire
Oh sacrifice

[Quill/Kamryn/Chamomile]
[she/her]

262 Reviews

Sat May 08, 2021 1:49 pm
TheScribe says...

"I suppose anyone that thought some convincing would be needed."

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom