z

Young Writers Society

Eagle Height

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue May 12, 2020 3:50 pm
AmazingAeris says...

"Now," Lilly said carefully, "Watch closely."

She quickly kneaded the dough, throwing it around in her hands and on the table in intricate patterns. "You can't knead it to thoroughly, or you're beignets will be too thin," she explained as she pulled pieces off, shaping them into rectangular pillow shapes, and tossing them into the pan in record time.
._.AmazingAeris._.

Reviews: 0
Wed May 13, 2020 5:58 pm
xenoboy05 says...

RedBear observed carefully. He was surprised when she finished, realizing how fast she did it. "Wow, that was fast!" RedBear made another batch hoping he would do it right. "Let's make sure everybody get seconds." RedBear did what Lilly did but took a few second longer to finish. He then put them in another pan and began cooking. "Show me more Sensei Renee." RedBear bowed as he said it then he stood back up straight and waited for further instructions.
The world is a stage and a stage is a world of entertainment.

Why does anybody do anything? Shear absolute boredom!

8 Reviews

Mon May 18, 2020 4:04 pm
AmazingAeris says...

Lilly giggled, covering her mouth with one hand, and slightly bowed back. She then grabbed a small pair of tongs and fished the browner pieces out, placing them gently on a plate. "When you take them out, be careful not to squeeze too hard, or they'll smoosh, that happens easily. It happened often when I first started making them."

After waiting for the beignets to cool, she drizzled honey across the top, then sprinkled powdered sugar, then cane sugar to top it. "And, there you go, a delicious french treat!" she exclaimed, rinsing her hands off in the sink.
._.AmazingAeris._.

Tue May 19, 2020 2:20 am
xenoboy05 says...

RedBear took out the beignets that seemed finished, crushing most of them. "Darn!" The last few he took out were successful. He then sprinkled honey, second the powered sugar, finally the cane sugar. Then he walked over to the sink and washed his hands off. "So, did I do...okay?" He asked Lilly, looking at her plate and his plate.

8 Reviews

Tue May 19, 2020 3:04 pm
AmazingAeris says...

Lilly looked from her plate to his, smiling. "You did great!" she said, throwing her arms around his neck proudly. She gave him a small kiss on the lips before looking back at the treats, grinning.
._.AmazingAeris._.

Wed May 20, 2020 8:41 pm
xenoboy05 says...

RedBear smiled at the kiss. "Thank you." RedBear looked over at the plates. "Let the hungry games begin." RedBear gave her a kiss on the lips and waited for her to grab the first beignet. As he waited he wrapped his arm around her stomach, into a one armed hug.

8 Reviews

Fri May 22, 2020 3:12 pm
AmazingAeris says...

She picked one up and instantly passed it to him. "You try it first, tell me how they taste."
._.AmazingAeris._.

Fri May 22, 2020 4:42 pm
xenoboy05 says...

RedBear grabbed the beignet out of Lilly's hand and took a bite, as soon as he tasted it he almost fell back. "Oh my goodness, it's delicious!" RedBear slowly ate the rest. "Wow, no wonder they're your favorite food!" RedBear smiled looking at Lilly. "I'm sure your mother would love to eat these again." RedBear grabbed 5 plates and gave everybody their beignets. He set everybody's spots on the table. "I'll be back, I've gotta go wake up Mul and Genidro." RedBear then walked over to a different room.

RedBear walked in and saw Genidro on the floor asleep next to Mul's bed. "You can't keep falling asleep in here." he whispered. He then walked up to them. "C'mon my little sunshines, wake up and get ready for whatever new adventure brings today." RedBear rubbed Genidro's hair and Mul's arm.

They both slowly woke up. "Good morning dad." Genidro says as soon as she sees RedBear. "Hi dad." Mul said almost immediately after Genidro. They both soon got up and abd RedBeaelr gave them a kiss on the forehead. "Now come downstairs and let's have some breakfast." RedBear then walked to the dining room, followed by Mul and Genidro.

8 Reviews

Fri May 22, 2020 11:13 pm
AmazingAeris says...

Lilly's mother watched them head toward the dining room, and followed them in. "Smells delicious, Renee," she said, taking a seat at the table, and bit into a beignet. "This is incredible," she added toward her smiling daughter.
._.AmazingAeris._.

Reviews: 1
Fri May 22, 2020 11:32 pm
Silverthefox2 says...

silver watched the others while summoning ice to talk with his mother Aphrodite "mother...can you come see us at some point? id really like to see you again...." the ice disappeared and the call ended
The people of this world can only give you useless opinions of yourself. don't listen to them, instead live your life like the 10 you are.

Sat May 23, 2020 3:18 pm
xenoboy05 says...

RedBear noticed Silver in the other room. He thought it wasn't his business if it unlocked his mom, so he didn't interfere. RedBear, Mul, and Genidro all sat down at the table and began eating.
"Thank you Lilly." RedBear said. "Thanks." Mul said. "Yeah, thank you very much Lilly!" Genidro said.

8 Reviews

Sun May 24, 2020 6:51 pm
AmazingAeris says...

"You're all very welcome! Have as much as you want, I'll be in the shower if you need me," Lilly said as she dug into her mother's purse, slightly embarrased as she pulled out the extra set of clothes her mother always packed for her.
She then went upstairs to the bathroom and locked the door behind her.
._.AmazingAeris._.

Mon May 25, 2020 3:24 am
xenoboy05 says...

RedBear waved her off as she left, then he continued eating. Mul continued eating as well but Genidro seemed to stare off. "What's wrong?" RedBear asked.

Genidro looked up at RedBear surprised. "Oh sorry! I...uhh...just lost focus I felt like I saw someone. But I didn't know who she was though. But I don't remember what she looked like. It was like remembering a dream but not what they look like. But she looked familiar too like I saw her when I was younger." Genidro stopped, barraged she talked so much.

"Well if you want to talk about it later come to me after breakfast." RedBear said to Genidro. He smiled at her which made her smile as well. RedBear felt she wasn't startled enough to cause much concern, so they continued eating.

8 Reviews

Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:37 am
AmazingAeris says...

Lilly finished her refreshing shower, and once she was dressed, she walked back downstairs, wrapping her wet hair in a towel. "I'm gonna take a nap now. I feel a headache coming on," she said before turning around and walking back upstairs and into her and Redbear's room, her mother staring after, concerned, but she continued eating, allowing her daughter to have some time alone.

"These are probably the best beignets I've ever eaten. Renee's learned well," she said, turning her head to RedBear, trying to start a conversation, "How exactly did you and Renee meet, anyway?"
._.AmazingAeris._.

Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:36 am
xenoboy05 says...

He looked at Lilly. "Sleep well!" RedBear smiled and looked at her mother. "Well we..." RedBear stopped. "Well I feel like it was on a plane but I'm pretty sure we met at the airport when we figured out the flight was canceled." RedBear thought about it and felt bad he wasn't sure how they met. "Anyway we spoke for a while and it went on from there." RedBear took another bite.

You are going to love some of your characters because they are you, or some facet of you, and you are going to hate some characters for the same reason.
— Anne Lamott