z

Young Writers Society

Rising Lights

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:43 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

Okay, here you can be one of 3 characters, plus whatever minor characters you feel necessary, but our main characters are-
1. Skyla Hughes
A young, 16 year old girl. She is known for being hot tempered, stubborn, and a little crazy...but she has a soft side, and thus she acts as the leader.
2. Raymond Minnows
A sturdy 15 year old boy, who is rather mature for his age, and extremely witty. He and my character often clash.
3. Leo Dyland
A egoistic but big-hearted 14 year old boy who acts as the brawns of the team.

The character I'm being is Cat Minnows, a independent, intelligent, strong young lady who is very sarcastic, and is the inspiration of those who meet her.

As for story line, well, a land known as the Elven Land has been destroyed and those four characters have been chosen to save it...the catch is if their parents find out about what their doing, they could die, so they have to keep it a secret at all costs.
Have fun!
Last edited by EverLight on Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm winning at life!

212 Reviews

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:52 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

Cat Minnow carefully tip-toed through the house, listening to the creak creak of the floor boards.
She was on a mission.
A mission that must be kept top-secret. Because if her parents found out they'd be dead.
Shadows danced along the walls causing shivered to rub down Cat's spine.
''Why did I ever sign up for this?'' she wondered, aloud.
''You know why,'' said her companion, a miniature elf. ''The Elven Lands must be protected at all costs!''
Cat huffed.
''Says some tiny sized dwarf who ran away from his family!''
Then they hear something....
I'm winning at life!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:54 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Spoiler! :
I'll take Skyla Hughes! :)

Skyla Hughes stared at the elf who had jumped through her window. The elf smiled at her again, explaining to her for the umpteenth time that this so-called Elven Land had been destroyed and she and a couple of others had been chosen to save it.

"Are you crazy?" she asked the elf.

The elf looked offended, "Take the offer or leave it. If you take it, and succeed, you get eternal glory from our land, if you leave it, a curse will fall upon you, and make you the most humiliating person on the universe."

She blinked again, really concentrating hard on what he'd said. Her world was full of magic too. She would accept this offer, yes, but...

She couldn't think of any 'buts' other then 'but what if she died?' Her mind swirled, but soon enough, it cleared. After a bit of arguing, and stubbornness from Skyla, she agreed.

"Perfect. There are rules though." the elf told her. "You cannot and must not tell your parents about you being the Chosen or else you will be murdered brutally and painfully."

Skyla made a disgusted face. "I'll just tell them I'm going out of country. I'm sixteen after all, and it's the summer. It's fine." she rolled her green eyes.

She flicked back her curly red hair, and asked the elf where the other were. Apparently, she had to be teleported to go to some 'Cat Minnow' person's house. Skyla quickly scribbled a letter, saying that she was going out of town for a while with her friends, and she was safe in the hands of a trustworthy friend.

They would definitely be fine with it. They had never said no to Skyla.

She packed a couple of important things like a compass, hygienic things (even though the elf told her that would not be necessary), extra clothes, her phone, money, and lots of pre-packed food. She slung the backpack around her back and creeped down the stairs. She avoided the step that creaked, and quickly slid out the door.

"Ready for teleportation?" the elf asked, holding up his hand for her to hold.

"I still can't believe I'm doing this." she murdered, but nodded in reply.

There was a soft pop! and they had disappeared and suddenly appeared in front of Cat Minnow.
*insert quirky signature here*

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:33 pm
View Likes
fatherfig says...

Is Leo Dylan taken? If not what does he look like? Is he customizeable? XP *This sounds odd...*
"i dont slay i slaughter, luke i am your father..." ~fatherfig

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:48 pm
Lib says...

Spoiler! :
@minigem26 - He's not taken! It doesn't seem as if. If @EverLight's okay with it, you can customize him, lol.
*insert quirky signature here*

212 Reviews

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:00 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

@MiniGem26, Leo Dyland is not taken. His personality, and age are not customizable, but you can customize clothing though.
I'm winning at life!

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:43 pm
View Likes
2Stareyes says...

Can I join? If not ok.

It's funny how humans can wrap their mind around things and fit them into their version of reality.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief