z

Young Writers Society

The Ghost Hunt

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:22 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Marciella crossed her arms, "It wasn't the wind," she repeated, annoyed now. She was beginning to think that the humans in this world were even worse than the humans her hers. She would never again complain about Lord Velran's ignorant rants.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:20 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@Elinor, do you want to post next?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:49 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Spoiler! :
@Magestorrow probably not because I’m without computer access on my trip and I struggle to focus on writing these kinds of things on mobile. Go on without me and I’ll catch up when I’m back. Same goes for Becoming The Costume!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:56 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Alright! Thanks for letting me know. :)

His gaze traveled from the door to Marciella. She must have thought it was a ghost, but Reyes was sure that it wasn't - there were many causes for why doors would close on their own besides the wind.

He just had to figure out what those causes were.

...And he was admittedly pulling a blank.

He already knew what he had to say. On screen, he was always the type to jump to conclusions - point at something that had just barely moved and call it a ghost, or blame a cold house on a ghostly chill instead of just poor insulation. As far as everyone knew - including most of the people who worked on his show - he honestly believed that he was right when he said something was a ghost.

"Then it must be a ghost," he said, readjusting the bag he had slung over his shoulder.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:21 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Marciella rolled her eyes, "Must it?" she stepped toward him, looking him up and down before stopping a few feet in front of him with her arms crossed, her gaze locked firmly on his, "Have you ever seen a ghost?" she asked incredulously.

A ghost was a significant and rare thing. A remainder of the powerful dead, often with ill intent and more power than it could ever dream of when it was a person. The idea of this house, this human house containing such a thing was laughable.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

If only she knew.

"I have," he confirmed, with all of the grace required of a popular TV personality. He calmly and confidently met her gaze. Skepticism was nothing new, and he knew exactly how to deflect it - or, at least, seem like he believed he could. He wasn't stupid. He doubted Marciella would believe him, given that she was already doubtful of his claim.

But Reyes Eberhardt had to at least try.

"My show is all about searching for ghosts," he added, giving her a smile that he really didn't want to be giving. "I've seen my fair share of them."
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:22 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She narrowed her eyes, about to say something. Some reprimand. Call him a fake, a liar, but she bit it back, reconsidered. It was a different world. For all she knew, he was telling the truth. There was something here. Something with powerful enough magic to be felt pressing up against hers, almost like it was rejecting her. The foreign element.

"And what do you typically do about these ghosts you see so frequently?" she asked, making sure her voice conveyed no further skepticism. She had to decide what was more foolish, believing everything she was told here or believing nothing.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:21 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Despite the lack of skepticism in her voice, he suspected that she was still doubting his claim. He was used to it. Though many people in the world might have believed in ghosts, many of them also believed that shows like his were hoaxes - and that he was a hoax as well.

"I fend them off," he said, "or I avoid them. It depends on how dangerous the ghost is."
mage

queer and here.

Reviews: 1
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:52 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

Spoiler! :
name: silver Race:hybrid personality: protective to ones close to him appearance: he wears a long black trench coat and a hood

Silver appears behind the group of marciella,reyes and others

"its no wind trust me....try poltergeist"

The group turns to see silver unable to see his face
The people of this world can only give you useless opinions of yourself. don't listen to them, instead live your life like the 10 you are.

95 Reviews

Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:07 pm
Teddybear says...

Marciella raised an eyebrow, "You 'fend them off'," she said, disbelieving. She shook her head, heard the newcomer, and turned.

"And who are you?" she asked, getting a grasp on her manners only after she'd said it.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:09 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Welcome to the roleplay, @Silverthefox2! I should have mentioned this in the beginning of the roleplay, but I actually have some plans for what is going on in the haunted house - I can't say exactly what those plans are because they would ruin the fun. But it'd be really helpful if I had control over the external stuff in the roleplay (like what happens in the house). <3

You're still free to have Silver do whatever you want, but he can't say what or what isn't going on for sure.

I hope that makes sense! :)
mage

queer and here.

Reviews: 1
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:21 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

Spoiler! :
okay

"well thats what i think anyway....or"

Silver sniffs

"thats what it smells like"

the group looks at silver curiously
The people of this world can only give you useless opinions of yourself. don't listen to them, instead live your life like the 10 you are.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:56 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Tara suddenly felt cold. Marciella and Reyes were deep in conversation, and she found herself admiring a pattern on the wall. It was incredibly intricate. The colors were faded, but at one point it was probably a deep green. She wasn't sure when this house was built but it was probably Victorian era. She turned and realized they were far ahead of her and she caught up. The last thing she wanted to do in this house was be stuck on her own.

"Hi," she said, somewhat out of breath. "Beats watching Hocus Pocus, huh?" She said, trying to make a joke, except no one laughed.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

95 Reviews

Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:02 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Watching..." Marciella shook her head. She was clearly meant to understand. She wasn't going to out herself as an outsider just yet by expressing that she didn't have a clue what the meant.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He tried not to be too startled by the newcomer's arrival - and declaration that a ghost was lurking in the house on the basis of said ghost's smell - but a little bit of genuine surprise flickered across his face. It was unlike the expressions he usually adopted during his show, even though surprise was something he excelled at showing during the episodes.

"It does," he agreed. "There's something exhilarating about being in a house with ghosts."

...He hadn't seen Hocus Pocus.

But he had been to Salem years ago when they were filming it, and he considered that to be a good substitute.
mage

queer and here.

Doors are for people with no imagination.
— Skulduggery Pleasant