Young Writers Society

The Lost City

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:42 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes shook his head. "He's not, although he lives there now. I've heard that General O'Neill-" Cue an almost dreamy look appearing on his face; he clearly idolized the man, although he seemed to view Teal'c in the same light. "-showed it to him a little while after he came. He's also apparently read through most of the Bible, but that doesn't come up as much. I have no idea how he managed to do that - I lived on Earth for years, and I never was able to get through even half of it."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:18 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Some people just like to read...?" Bo replied with a little shrug. "And then there are some Christians who want to read the whole thing, haha. Is the Bible like, some kind of historical text in your reality and time or something? LOL."

It was at that moment, that Bo realized he'd said lol out loud, but not at the letters. Like it was... its own word. He stared off into the hallway for a moment and sighed. "Would r8 8/8 m8, 10/10 wouldn't do again," he mumbled to himself really fast, as if it was all one word.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:57 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"He's very boring," Aegeas said, laughing. "He thinks Oniyore is crazy. And Kellach? Eh, he also thinks Kellach is crazy, but in the sense that he's energetic and kind of a daredevil. Kellach is the one to pull me into fights and bars and battles." Aegeas stared wistfully off into space. "I'm happy we've settled down, but I almost miss those days."
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:18 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Codix and Maahes both turned to look over at Bo. Even Kartiel, who had been either oblivious to their previous conversations or simply hadn't cared enough to pay attention to them, looked over his shoulder at him.

"...Are you okay?" Maahes nervously asked.

xXx

Something about Aegeas considering bars to be a worthy member of a list including things like fights and battles made her smile even more than before. As she went to scoot a little closer to where he was, she suddenly came to the realization that she could move her legs. She hadn't meant to, seeing that they hadn't worked only a few minutes before. But one moved and bumped up against the side of the bed.

So she promptly hopped off the bed and went over to where Aegeas was. Standing while he was curled up would have been weird, and being this tall wasn't as fun as she had expected. So she sat down on the ground beside him instead. "That sounds fun," Nadira said. "Codix and I are always doing crazy things, but I guess that's what happens when a friendship consists of a robot and an alien."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:42 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

As Nadira approached - it seemed her legs were finally working now - and sat beside him, Aegeas scooted away. He stayed beneath the bed, but he wasn't happy about it; could feel the sweat forming on his brow. He didn't want to accidentally hurt her, especially not after the way the conversation had kept him from panicking.

"You have normal days too, right?" Aegeas said after a few deep breaths. "I love adventures and fights like the next guy, but sometimes I don't like stumbling out of a bar holding a chair leg and with my other hand over a black eye." He laughed again, but more quietly.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:46 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

I thought for a moment.
"Well, I had my mother and my father of course. And my parents," I said, nodding to myself. This was elementary. I could come up with a backstory for a man I knew absolutely nothing about.
"Ah, I also had a pet raven," I added. It felt right.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:14 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Yeah, we do," Nadira confirmed. She noticed how Aegeas moved away, but decided that it was best not to comment on it. Was he uncomfortable with her, or was it something else? "Codix is actually on our school's track team - it's a running sport - so a lot of the time I end up going to cheer him on at meets. And we just have school things in general, too, so that lets us have a pretty normal teenage life from time to time."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:15 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo cleared his throat, looking up at all of the others. "Oh! Haha," he laughed awkwardly. "No, I'm uh - yeah I'm fine I just - uh." He didn't know what to say next. His brain went for the first thing to come to mind. "Wow, it's weird seeing ya'll with two eyes."

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I lifted an eyebrow in surprised acknowledgement.
He was indeed right about the raven, if nothing else, whatsoever.

"And what did you do in your youth? What grand adventures made you the man you are today?" I asked Raiden, legitimately curious about his answer.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

299 Reviews

Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:48 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Aegeas nodded. "It would've been nice to have a normal childhood," he said. "I guess I'm trying to make up for lost time by going home. But you can see it's not going so well right now." He chuckled quietly.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:10 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Do you, uh, need to sit down?" Maahes questioned, giving Bo a worried look.

"He can sit down in the library!" Kartiel shouted from the very front of their group. He was still a good distance away from them, despite their efforts to bridge the distance between themselves and him. "The sooner we get there, the sooner I can get out of this body."

xXx

Nadira was quiet for a moment.

"Sometimes I wonder if anyone ever really has a normal childhood," she said. She never talked about this much with Codix. It just never was the type of topic that came up between the two of them, and there was always something else that occupied their attentions more. "I've been thinking about that a lot lately. Codix and I aren't normal, and will never have a normal childhood. But from the time we've spent with our classmates on Earth, I get the feeling that a lot of people go through things they never mention."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:35 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo smiles, quickening his pace a little bit. "Really! Really uh, I'm fine. Ya'll ever like, miss not having depth perception? It's wild, haha. Let's keep walking."

299 Reviews

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:26 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Aegeas thought about this for a few seconds. He nodded. "I guess that's true," he said, voice a whisper. "But I'm willing to bet some people are hiding more than others. That's my childhood in a nutshell."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes went over to Bo's side. Though he was sure Bo was talking about seeing things with two eyes compared to one, he could understand what it was like to suddenly have a completely different way of viewing the world. "I've been thrown off, too," he said. "My eyesight is so...limited like this. I don't like how I can't see things the same. Like I should be able to look over at Codix and see what I really look like, but right now I can only see a person. Which is really, really terrifying, because I know that there's more and I just can't, well, see it."

xXx

"Yeah," Nadira quietly agreed. Even though she was certain a good amount of her classmates - that Charlie girl especially, from what she had heard about her missing father - were going through struggles of their own, none could ever really compare to what she and Codix had been through and were going through.
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:12 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"Oh, I wouldn't call them grand," I said, waving Raiden off.
"You must understand I went through this young and naive, young boy." I stroked my chin for a second.
"You see, back in the day I used to be in the military, which was quite the experience. The only problem was when I left to get vengeance. His name was Garet. Garet was a right little pig-faced lout with the hairiest chest I've ever seen. The man had never even heard of a razor blade! Nevertheless, I went after him for he had stolen my love. He had stolen the one thing that kept me living." I paused, sniffing at the memory.
"I followed him to the ends of the 'Neath. It was then I realised he never planned on staying in the Neath. I followed him to the surface through a vessel he had created. It was not large, but it accomplished it's goal. I followed him to the far reaches of space in a galaxy far far away, where the Jedi Alliance took me in and taught me all I know about combat. I found him years later, holding the one I loved. By this time I had already defeated the traitorous princess of Braxia, and I was off on my way back to Earth where I was about to relax and enjoy the rest of my life after recently slaying the Dragon of Kamun'kh.

As I laid my eyes on him, rage boiled in my heart. I would get back my dagger. He and I dueled in an epic battle until near death. I let him live, and he returned my dagger. We are now best friends," I said, ending my rant.
"Me and dagger, that is. Now, is that satisfactory?"
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
— Mark Twain