Young Writers Society

The Three Dragon Inn

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:32 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Zogin glared at Soul as they entered the inn. Her companion didn't meet her gaze, most likely because he understand how she was a ticking time bomb; it was only a matter of time before something drove her over the edge. She was tired, hungry and the morning had started off with the worst hangover she had gotten in a long time. To make matters worse, Soul had the nerve to tell her to rest because "she needed time to recover from the battle". She was perfectly fine! Just because the wound he had healed still had a nasty scar and her legs were incredibly sore didn't mean that they had to stay in the same place and sit around!

She sat down at the bar and continued to glare at Soul.

But then she noticed the pile of gems displayed. Her attention shifted to that almost immediately, and she gave an inquisitive look in the direction of the person who was showing them off. "Where did these come from?" she questioned, pointing at them.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:08 pm
View Likes
SacredPen says...

Spoiler! :
@Mage I don't think he got the falcon. Also, @FalconryGirl9086, I don't think I'll ever make a post this long again. Sorry!

Sacred drifts awake, his eyes crusted by sleep. He stares vacantly around, noticing a squirrel meeting his gaze on the end of a branch. His arms fold before he scratches his chin, looking away from the animal. "What d'ya want, small rodent?" Sacred asks, starting to fall back in line with the course of tiredness, his consciousness fading a bit once more before abruptly returning as the squirrel jumps off of the branch, shaking him awake again. He lets out of yawn akin to a lion's roar before looking down, noticing a body slumped against the base of the tree a while down. "Oh, yeah. Nighttime pickpocket. I hope I didn't kill him." he mumbles, measuring the distance between the ground and himself.

"That you did not, Zhoma. I made sure of that. He believes he's dead, though, so he might as well be. I must say that puncturing a man's kidney and heart in two seconds of meeting is a new record for your impulsiveness." Puritan notes flatly, his eye shining from under the scabbard of his entrapment.

"It's not impulsiveness, Puritan, it's called 'survival instinct'. It's what you need to stay-"

"-Alive, yes - it's what you 'need' to stay alive. That man posed the same level of danger to you as a bee, Zhoma. What you did, even if warranted in the long-term, was very irrational at the moment."

"So, what? Would you rather me have let the guy take my stuff and get away with it? Or believe he can do that to whomever he pleases? And how would you know if he was dangerous or not? Did you see if he had a weapon?" Sacred snaps back, flattening back his dreads.

"Irrelevant. Both the mention of his doing so to others, and the possibility of him carrying a weapon. I need not even remind you that you've never cared in the slightest for the cessation of minor crimes as a concept as opposed to as an instance. They're both nought but petty excuses for your rashness, Zhoma. You know this, and yet you perpetuate it. I do suppose you're only human-" Puritan starts before Sacred cuts him off,

"Can it, Captain Analysis. Make yourself useful and remind me how far up this tree I climbed last night, and where I am." he commands, wiping crust from his eyes.

"You're roughly forty to forty-five feet up, I'd say. And you didn't climb, you jumped. You're directly outside of an inn, I believe."

"Great! Maybe they have something to eat!" Sacred grunts as he positions himself to roll sideways.

"You're not truly thinking of...? You'd better not." Puritan scolds, to no heed. Sacred rolls off of the branch and falls all the way down, landing on his back on the man's limp body.

"For someone who so persistently walks on eggshells to avoid death at the hands of someone else, you sure love to make attempts at your own life, Zhoma." Puritan sighs as Sacred lets out a gust of breath, the fall having winded him.

"I'm cool, man. Don't worry. Just a broken spine. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an inn to be getting to. I've dilly-dallied enough." Sacred rises off of the ground, using his Cataclysm magic to create a replacement for his spine before walking towards the front door of the inn, not noticing that the back of his purple button-up is covered in blood from his injury. He waves towards the counter's occupants and yawns,

"Heya, guys. What's up?" before taking a seat.
"Why do I need money to live? Can't I just, like, photosynthesize or something?"

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:48 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

"The ceiling," Chris says sarcastically.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:36 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"A certain noble," Thuki winks as they disappear into the back.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:32 pm
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

Silently, Finn quickly gathers up his bags and follows Thuki behind the bar and into the back shadows of the inn. He kept one hand carefully steadying his precious pouches and the other delicately touching the hilt of a dagger around his waist. Just in case. After all, in the world of theivery, it is not so often that one finds a whole lot of integrity - at least, not all in one place.

"Oi, Thuki. This where ya keep the more precious beers?" he joked with a crooked grin.

364 Reviews

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:01 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Chris is confused. "Um... who are you? Are you the Finn Bends told me about?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:41 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Y' ever heard o' the Thieves' Guild, Finnegan?"

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:37 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo watched the familiar face enter the bar and his eyes light up. "Oh! Hey man! It's going... well, alright. I don't remember if I caught your name for the life of me, but I remember seeing you round here yesterday. But this is Chris." Bo said with a gesture to the boy. "I'm Bo. And uh, Chris, Finn was the fella that went back behind the bar with Thuki."
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:52 am
Mageheart says...

"I'm Zogin Arwitch," she introduced herself to the boy she didn't recognize, who was apparently named Chris, but she was more focused on looking at the gems than anything else. She wondered how Finn had managed to steal them all. She also wondered if he would be willing to give any to her, but, with Soul's watchful eye and frustratingly perfect morals, she doubted he would be able to do so anytime in the near future.

Which was extremely annoying because she could have sold the gem or multiple gems and saved that money up for better upgrades for the idiot sitting right beside her.

Speaking of him, she heard Soul quietly pipe up from beside her with, "I know you're not talking to me, but what's the Thieves' Guild? I've never heard of it before."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

18 Reviews

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:27 pm
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

Finn could hear conversation coming from the other side of the bar, and turned back to Thuki as he followed her. "Yeah, I've heard of the Theives Guild. Never ventured to be a part o' it, though." He paused. "Always been a bit of a loner."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:59 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"We've got loners, too," she answers. "We ain't no team. With the Guild, there's contacts, jobs, so on 'n so forth. You don't have t' join if you don't want, but if you ain't, don't be stealin' round here."

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:41 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Chris is really really confused. "What? I'm confused!"

18 Reviews

Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:50 pm
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

Finnegan pondered it. "What's in it for me t' join?" he asked - an honest question. *And what cat am I bringing this catch to?* he wondered.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:51 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"More jobs, more contacts, permission t' ply yer trade more places, so on 'n so forth."

he/him/his

364 Reviews

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:11 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

"What are you talking about?" Chris asks, sipping his beer some more.

Patience is the strength of the weak, impatience is the weakness of the strong.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher