z

Young Writers Society

Honeydew Hollow

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:41 pm
Stori says...

A local charity came up with a scheme to send 16- to 20-year-olds out to a rural farm. Through whatever twist of fate, you've been enrolled in the program. You've been asked to write a few words about what you hope to gain from your experience.

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:59 pm
Bintulislam says...

Haya Ahmed-- a medical student from Egypt.
Enjoining Good and Forbidding Evil.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:10 pm
View Likes
Niebla says...

Hey, is it okay if I join? I have a character in mind, but the profile isn't quite finished yet. Still, I'll post what I've got at the moment, even though it's not very good as yet.

Allie Heskett

Seventeen year old Allie Heskett was born and raised in the English countryside, where she first started to dance at the age of three. After fourteen years of ballet, pointe, modern and tap dance, she was involved in a near-fatal accident which led her to break both legs and her left wrist, and nearly caused her to become paralysed for life.

Following the accident, the news that she would likely never dance again, or at least for a very long time, sent Allie into a long, dark depression. Having tried everything to help Allie at home, her mother suggested that she applied to Honeydew Hollow. Allie took this to mean that her mother no longer wanted her at home, but applied nevertheless. From coming to Honeydew Hollow, Allie hopes to try and regain some of her mobility and get away from all of the stresses in life that await her back home.

Unsurprisingly, due to her dreams being crushed at such an inconvenient time, Allie is rather bitter and resentful towards just about anybody with full use of all of their limbs.

Allie Heskett has auburn hair and a very slim, tall figure, but as she is currently spending the majority of her time in a wheelchair, this isn’t so noticeable. Her eyes are large and hazel, but her nose is rather big for her face. She has freckles, very small ears, and a gap between her front two teeth.

Allie has always kept to herself for a lot of the time and is generally very impatient if strangely quirky and gifted with the obsession with all things to do with ducks, and of course, her ability to dance (which has now been ground into the floor and stamped on with a very large, sharp-heeled boot). However, she loves animals and has brought with her to Honeydew Hollow an adorable kitten, Max. Max is mostly white with a loud, screeching meow and a black patch around his left eye.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:38 am
View Likes
Sunshine says...

You guys realize that this isn't actuallt the Storybbok forum, right? It's where you advertise SB ideas! Are you talking Harvest Moon- the video game? LOFFLE IT! I actually made a club, but it was never really alive...
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

Stupid risks make life worth living.
— Homer Simpson