z

Young Writers Society

(Not yet chosen)

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:45 pm
Mazzi says...

Well, I just had the idea like right now. >.>

It is mainly based on the Inheritence Cycle.

You use peices of the 'ancient language' to control certain elements and items, I will add a dictionary/directory for this as they are added to the SB. Everytime you use magic, it work use the same amount of energy as doing it normally, for example making a book float from one table to another will take the same amount of energy as lifting it up and carrying it to the table. But using magic is faster, and more efficient.

There are three races, the elves and the dwarfs are at war. The humans hope to bring peace.

Dwarfs - Dwarfs can use small amounts of magic but stronger and heavily armed, they use massive hammers and prefer to barge into things than think about it first. Unlike the nimble elves.

Elves - These are nimble and light characters. They can use strong amounts of magic and are usually only armed with a single weapon and no armour, a bow and arrow would be a good example. They think about puzzles and prefer to take a light approach, unlike the dwarfs.

Humans - We can use a fair amount of magic, more than dwarfs, but less than elves. We are suffering terribly in trading for all the dwarfs are hijacking our carts for supplies and the elves are taking camp outside our villages, things have gone missing latley, we suspect it is them.

3 young humans who have more magic than most have been chosen to try and bring peace to both lands. By travelling to both kingdoms and confronting there leaders, then bringing an agreement in place. But what if they dis-agree? This could bring more conflict and cause us to fight back. There are dangers on the way, people who can benefit from the war, as we delve deeper we will find the reason the war started and how to stop it... (This will be a stolen sacred artifact stolen from the races, as they shared it, but, actually the deliverer died on the way, and someone or something...stole the artifact...)

So, what'd'ya'think?
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:46 pm
SisterItaly says...

You know I'm in
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:30 pm
Alz says...

Sounds cool! I'm definitely in.
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon. - Robert Cormier

Check out my blog at http://missalliesadventures.blogspot.com

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:42 pm
jessig833 says...

Sounds good. I'm In

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:42 am
kjr5horses says...

I am SO in! I just cannot post on the weekends since I have work ;)
I already have 2 character ideas forming in my head!

PM me when you create it! And have rules etc...

Kyli
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

You can't choose your parentage. But you can choose your legacy.
— Rick Riordan, The Blood of Olympus