z

Young Writers Society

The Ruby of Zoran

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:30 pm
Tigersprite says...

This is to be my first Storybook, if you are interested after reading the advert, I plan to start it very soon, sometime this month. More details will be available then. You can PM me, post on my wall or reply to this if you have any questions.

The Ruby of Zoran: Concept

The story is set in the Kingdom of Nirjia, where the Summer days are short and the Winters long.

Humans and elfkind have been at conflict for 107 years because of a thievery. The conflict arose when the Ruby of Zoran--a gem stolen from the Humans' original land of Gesta to be used as a crown jewel for Zoran, the elven king of those times--went missing. The elves blamed the humans, the humans maintained their innocence and pointed the blame on the elves. Tension is still apparent between the two races although they co-exist in the same cities. Indeed, the present ruler, King Dauki, has recently been attempting to promote unity between the two races; in a landmark move he has recently allowed Zanam--mixtures of the two races who've long been treated as social outcasts--to live in cities. Due to a previous law, once they had reached the age of fifteen, they'd be sent out of whatever city they had been born in.

King Dauki's eldest son, Laridail, announces that he has discovered clues as to the location of the Ruby. But this is dismissed as nonsense by his father, and so Laridail denounces his own claims to avoid his father's displeasure. Yet he has many friends and connections, and so he makes it known amongst the locals of Adiel, Nirjia's capital city, that on the 107th anniversary of the Ruby's disappearance, he will give clues as to its location to any interested in finding it, under cover of darkness in the Ziras Fields. Many are interested in finding it for many reasons: some humans want to prove their race's innocence, while many elves wish to do the same. Even travellers have heard and have come from afar, for ever since the Ruby's disappearance a 50,000 gold piece reward has been up for its return.

You will be a member of a party who set out to find the Ruby, and will travel far and wide in its pursuit, making allies and enemies along the way. You will be free to direct your character as you like (although there is a general plot and rules on things such as magic). Interested?
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:42 pm
Shearwater says...

I am!
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

147 Reviews

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:48 pm
Tigersprite says...

Haha, I've reserved your spot! :D If you want to know any more details just PM me!
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:19 pm
carbonCore says...

I, also!
_

147 Reviews

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:21 pm
Tigersprite says...

Another spot is reserved! :D
Nathan Leopold

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:56 am
ScarlettFire says...

Oh, this sounds good! I'm in. Could I reserve a female Zanam spot?
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

147 Reviews

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:02 pm
Tigersprite says...

The spot is reserved Scar!
Nathan Leopold

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:03 pm
Sins says...

Skinsy's in!

I'm desperate to start SBing again... xD
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

147 Reviews

Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:52 pm
Tigersprite says...

Sure Skins! Spot reserved!
Nathan Leopold

147 Reviews

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:19 am
Tigersprite says...

The SB will be up tomorrow! :D
Nathan Leopold

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:33 pm
MilkNCookies says...

reserved, please! Question: instead of being an elf/human ( i know this probably won't be accepted), Can I be a dragon? :D
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

147 Reviews

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:54 pm
Tigersprite says...

Sorry Milk, but the only races are: Elf, Human, or Zanam. If you want to know more about these races before you make a choice, just tell me and I'll PM you their backgrounds and general info on them.
Nathan Leopold

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:25 pm
carbonCore says...

Speaking of which, Tiger, you still haven't PMed me the race backgrounds, although you said you would a while ago. ;)
_

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:30 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Thanks! Could yo Pm me the one about Elves, please?
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

147 Reviews

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:47 pm
Tigersprite says...

Your PM's sent CC! Sending yours, Milk.
Nathan Leopold

People with writer's blocks should get together and build a castle.
— Love