Young Writers Society

Scattered 2

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:35 am
ScarlettFire says...

So, basically it's the sequel to this SB in the archives: topic66853.html

Take a look, read the main post. If you're interested, I'd like to hear. Those who were in the original, I have something planned, but it involves a lot of characters dying... So, PM me about that.

Anyways. If you're interested. Here's the basic outline:

We were once famous. Once, a long time ago, everyone knew our names. Everyone called them as they saw us save yet another life. And everyone loved us. We were very famous, loved and had plenty of everything but now, now we’re just another lot of nobodies. Just another stranger on the street, another person nobody wants to know about, just another old man or woman in a home with a secret. A very great and honourable secret which should not be tossed aside as many a person has done now.

Although, nothing ever stays the same in our lives —Things don’t stay the same for us..... Not in our city, in our world. Things change, sometimes for the better...sometimes for the worse.

A man called Darkeyes took over the city; he started attacking the other Heroes until only eight were left. Three of us were the most famous, the most loved; Chrome Angel, FireFly and SeaWolf. We started to feel the hate, the anger. We were too late, always too late. Darkeyes was always there before us.

Eventually, we grew old, we retired and moved into Aerona’s Home for the Retired. We stayed there for a long time... But now something is wrong. Darkeyes has disappeared and in his place is a man called Carl Willows. Mr. Willows is a business man and according to the rumours, he ‘hires out’ superheroes.

But there was just one problem; Carl Willows planned on destroying the city, and then the world. He used our faces from the past and sold them off as us. And what was worse....they were destroying those we had saved, the buildings we helped rebuild, the city we once protected.

Darkeyes and Carl Williams turned out to be the same man. He forced us out of retirement and into our old costumes, the masks and the powers. The city was in danger and we had to save it. We were rusty, some of us were old with aches and pains we didn't have before, but we still had a Superhero's spirit. We still had that will to protect. We still wanted to save lives, the city we used to protect...

But then the unthinkable happened. One by one, Darkeyes and his so-called new heroes took us down. One by one, we died or were left broken and unable to fight....although there is some good news. Twenty years on, there is a resistance building. Superheroes and their children from all over the city and joining together--and they want to fight back.

Will you join us? Will you help us save our city, our home?

I know it starts the same way the first one does....but it's the ending that matters. So, anyways. If you are interested, this will probably start in early December since a lot of people are kind of busy with NaNoWriMo this month.

Thanks for taking a look.

~Scar.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Reviews: 1
Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:55 am
tolkienrocks says...

I'd be interested in joining.
“It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:19 am
MilkNCookies says...

Please make this an SB!!! I hold a spot fro when -i hope it will be- you make it!
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:45 pm
ScarlettFire says...

I'll keep the spots in mind. This SB probably won't be up until late December now. Early January at the latest.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.
— Roy T. Bennett