z

Young Writers Society

Writer's Feed Pad???

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:25 pm
View Likes
GreenLight24 says...

Hi there YWS'ers! Me and a friend of mine are co-writing a novel on this site, so we'll be writing ALOT of chapters together and we've both heard that it's much easier to co-write works via a writer's feed pad. Thing is, neither of us know exactly what that is, how to get one, or how to use it in conjunction with YWS. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! :D

-GL24
"My Wellspring of Wisdom told me so!"

-Victorique De Blois, Gosick.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:13 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Hi Greenlight! To get to your WriterFeedPad, just click on the "Me" tab from the top bar, then click WriterFeed Pad. A new tab should open asking you to login. Just use your YWS username/password to log in, then click the big orange button that says "Create New Pad".

Since you want to share this, you have to change the Security options. Once you make a new pad, you should see the Security tab with a lock on it. Change it from private to Public, then give the co-writer the URL. You can also set a password to protect the work.

There have been a couple bugs with WFP lately, but it's a great way to save and share work! Hope this helps! :)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

159 Reviews

Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:52 am
View Likes
GreenLight24 says...

Thanks! :D that was really helpful. Nate told me there were some bugs with it right now but I've figured it out!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:47 am
malik66 says...

Hi there YWS'ers! Me and a friend of mine are co-writing a novel on this site, so we'll be writing ALOT of chapters together and we've both heard that it's much easier to co-write works via a writer's feed pad. Thing is, neither of us know exactly what that is, how to get one, or how to use it in conjunction with YWS. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! :D

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:34 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Hey @malik66, have you read niteowl's post right above? I think it answers your questions.

159 Reviews

Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:40 am
View Likes
GreenLight24 says...

@Nate. It's okay I just realized they copy-pasted my exact topic...

If you can't get out of your comfort zone, you'll never find what you're looking for. Don't make things quick and easy to feel better short term. Make a change and then you'll feel better longer term.
— Frinderman