z

Young Writers Society

Storybooks?

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:04 am
JohnLocke1 says...

I've been on YWS for around a year, but I still do not understand Storybooks or how to partake in them. Can someone help me?
"To prejudge other men's notions before we have looked into them is not to show their darkness but to put out our own eyes." - John Locke

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:49 pm
Rosendorn says...

Storybooks are collaborative stories. The owner of the storybooks sets up a bunch of rules, character slots, and a rough plot. People then post characters to fill the slots.

Once slots are filled, the storybook starts. People post decent length posts (500 to 1k words, at least) that progress the plot and character interaction, usually both. People throw in their own twists and ideas based on what they want to do, but you do have to be collaborative to a certain degree.

In order to participate, find an open book (ie- not all slots filled) that looks interesting and make a character. Post along with the rules, and have fun.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:21 am
Iggy says...

If you want a basic tour guide or someone to show you the ropes, I'd be glad to help. I'm a Storybook mod, and I've been storybooking since I joined, so I'll gladly help you as best as I can. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

No, it's not that you didn't succeed. You accomplished a lot, but, if you want to touch people, don't concentrate so much on rhyme and metre. Think more about what you want to say instead of how you're saying it.
— LCDR Geordi La Forge