z

Young Writers Society

How to post a review and not a comment.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:57 pm
ofmiceandshailla says...

Okay so this is going to sound really stupid but how do i post a review and not a comment.I don't know exactly how to ;-; I know this should be easy but I can't figure out how.Please help.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:04 pm
View Likes
Gardevite says...

At the bottom of your text, it should say "Is this a review?" and you click on that and it should go from no to yes!

I marked a few reviews as comments, and the mods fixed it for me. Maybe @Hannah can help you getthose points you lost! :D
Formerly Hightop

Garde's Reviews

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:21 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Hey ofmiceandshailla!

As HighTop said, make sure to check "is this a review" when writing a review. If you're already doing this, a review still needs to be a minimum length of about 4 - 5 sentences (the exact length is 250 characters, which is the equivalent of about 4 -5 sentences).

That can seem pretty long when you're just starting, but after you've been here for a while, it'll seem too short! To write a well-developed review, start off with something you like in what you read. Then go into what you didn't like, and try to concentrate on just a couple things. There's no need to pinpoint every flaw (in fact, doing so is a bad idea), but pick out some things that you think need work. Did the dialogue sound realistic? Was the rhyming forced? Did the author use proper punctuation? Did you like the characters? Etc.

And then at the end, always try to leave a positive note for the author. Every single one of us here are amateurs when it comes to writing, and the last thing we want to do is to discourage anyone from writing.

Some more resources:
What makes a good review?
YWS Critique Sandwich

Hope that helps!

Beware of advice—even this.
— Carl Sandburg