z

Young Writers Society

Help Please!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:10 pm
dreamwalkeramrita says...

I posted a story today morning...and it was working fine. I clicked on the link to check on it again, and it won't go! Its showing the following error message.

"General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY c.comment_date DESC' at line 1 [1064]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator immediately at webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com with a copy of this error message. Do not hesitate, but please be nice!"

So I emailed the address given...but I don't know what's going on! I'm new to all of this...please help. Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster immediately with a copy of this error message at webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:13 pm
Rosendorn says...

YWS is prone to having bugs, especially for stuff that newly got implemented like the submission system. It's nothing to worry about. :)

One thing to keep in mind is that YWS is run and coded by one guy exclusively, and sometimes stuff doesn't work. It's not like other sites that have whole teams of coders and testers whose full time job it is to find then fix bugs— it's one guy who runs this in his spare time.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:19 pm
dreamwalkeramrita says...

Thanks a lot...and wow...I can't believe that ONE guy codes for this entire community! Two thumbs up.

And I hope it gets fixed soon...I'm excited about my post and I'd like to see the comment I got and stuff...

A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden