z

Young Writers Society

Profile Help

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Fri May 31, 2013 12:37 am
EloquentDragon says...

So I'm not new but...

I tried uploading a picture to the "About" section on my profile page... but it won't work

I get this message in red: "The image failed to upload. Most likely, there is an error in the image that is causing the problem. Please try again."

I made sure the Pic was less than 200kb, and I tried in both JPG and PNG formats---is it just an issue with the size in regards to pixels? I can resize it...

Does this pic-thing even work for anyone?
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

192 Reviews

Fri May 31, 2013 1:02 am
EloquentDragon says...

NOTE: I also tried submitting in GIF.

This was a little different---the submission went through okay, but no picture actually showed up on my "About" page.

Sachiko tried to help me with this---she ran into the same 'Error message' when she posted her pic... So this could be a bug.

Enter, if you dare.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri May 31, 2013 2:03 am
Rosendorn says...

Possibly a bug, possibly size limitations, but none are stated. It could also be gifs aren't supported, but I'm not sure.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

192 Reviews

Fri May 31, 2013 2:53 am
EloquentDragon says...

I resized to 400p and 380p, but that didn't work either. (that was in gif) Any smaller than that and the point would sort of be defeated...

Enter, if you dare.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri May 31, 2013 3:23 am
Rosendorn says...

You might want to stick it on Report a Site Bug. I'm not actually sure where to look to fix this bug on the admin side, because profiles are fairly heavily hand coded.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.
— Anne Lamott