z

Young Writers Society

Points?

Reviews: 0
Mon May 27, 2013 4:24 pm
IceBerry22 says...

I'm confused. How do you get points? I want to start writing a book on here, and I can't unless I have 300 points :x help!
To me, it's always a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?," you can say, "Sorry, got these sacks. ~ Jack Handey

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon May 27, 2013 8:21 pm
niteowl says...

You get points by reviewing. The longer your reviews are, the more points you get (max 100 points). You get additional points for reviewing in the Green Room (works with 0 or 1 reviews, max 150 points). So 300 points is only a few longer reviews! :) If you want tips on reviewing, check out the Knowledge Base in the forums.

In the meantime, you can always write and revise your story on Word or WriterPad until you're ready to post and can get enough reviews.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon May 27, 2013 9:41 pm
Kale says...

Here's some articles to help you get started:

The YWS Critique Sandwich is the most basic kind of review.

When Reviewing, Consider has some points you can consider talking about as likes and dislikes in your critique sandwich (and all other kinds of reviews).

How To Write A Good Critique is a more detailed collection of advice and considerations.

Critiquing poetry talks about considerations specific to reviewing poetry.

You can also ask questions about reviewing and for reviewing tips from anyone with a colored name. We're the mods, and helping people learn to review is one of our jobs. :)

Another thing you can do is ask for advice in chat. The people in chat are friendly, and they'll be more than happy to share tips and tricks.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

the world (me) cries out for salvation (snacks)
— creaturefeature