z

Young Writers Society

Editing Work?

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:03 am
silverfin713 says...

Hey, guys!

Alright, I have to admit I'm just a bit ashamed. I've been on this site for a little bit now and I still don't really know how to edit my work. I mean I know how to get there, but is there some simple way that I haven't discovered yet to like upload or copy and paste a completely new draft I wrote on another document on my computer? Or some simple alternative? I mean, it's a fairly long piece and I'd hate to have to edit it again piece by piece. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers! I appreciate it!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:30 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

If you've edited the draft in another document, you can highlight all the text (place your cursor in the text box and hit ctrl A), then replace it with the edited text by highlighting the relevant segment of the document, hitting ctrl C, going back to the posting window, and hitting ctrl V.

Hopefully that helps a bit? It's the only trick I know. Past that, you have to edit manually.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:09 pm
View Likes
silverfin713 says...

It worked! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am forever in debt to you. :) Did I mention thank you? Off to edit work now.

Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow. Education is neither Eastern or Western; it is human.
— Malala