z

Young Writers Society

Urgh!!!!

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:56 pm
NicoleBri says...

Well my name is pandabear7. I am here to ask an expert on how to write a storybook. Like I know where to go and all that, I just don't understand where yall get all these plots from that can have a whole bunch of people in it. I want to do one so bad but just don't know where to begin.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:36 pm
veeren says...

I know this is ask the experts, but I guess I'll have to do, since you asked me xP

If you want to start an SB, the first thing you need is an idea, a backstory, something for the SBers to write about.
Now this could be a large idea with all the specifics of the plot already thought out, or just a general idea that everyone will improvise off of.
This part is the most important in the whole process, and while it may seem easy, it's not. If your idea isn't one that appeals to others, it's possible you'll get very few people joining, or very few active members. Granted, you can have a lovely storybook that lasts forever with just a couple of buddies, but how often does that happen, right?

After that, the rest is common knowledge, mostly.
Make up a template for character profiles, create a list of characters (and NPC's, if you must), wait for people to join, accept/reject peoples profiles, and start writing about your characters whenever you like.

Of course having a DT (Discussion Topic, I think xP) helps. It allows you to talk about the story without actually disrupting the actual storybook. It also allows you to make announcements regarding the plot and characters and such.

And that's about the size of it. Sorry for being so vague about everything, I didn't have much time >.<
Have any questions, feel free to ask. :D
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:31 pm
Caesar says...

And once you DO have something down, feel free to message me for help! ^^

Also, remember, it needs to be clear, simple and attractive. People need to know what they're joining, grasp everything, and at the same time have tangible reasons as to why they should join. Storybooking is fun, and people want to have fun doing so, no? Therefore, you need a clear plot, but above all reasons for people to join.

Just my two cents.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you.
— Maya Angelou