z

Young Writers Society

Unable to submit any new works message!

Random avatar

Reviews: 157
Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:00 am
arianaSarroyo says...

What happened?

When I first joined this site, it said I could submit a new work every two days for free. Well I did that, and suddenly, it claims I've spent all my points (when I didn't). Now, I can't even submit anything. Some stupid message keeps coming up saying "Sorry, but submitting a new work costs 150 pints. You only have ** points. You can submit a new work by reviewing".

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:28 am
crossroads says...

It means that you don't have enough points to submit new works. You used up the two you had for free, and you obviously have less than 150 points so you can't submit more.
To get points, do some reviewing - it will help both you, and the people you review ;)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:15 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

To check how many points you have, click on the "me" button in the top. If you leave a really detailed review on a work in the Green Room, you'll be able to post one work for every review.

This article has a lot of reviewing tips, if you want some sort of formula for how to review. :)

Also, please don't write gibberish for the sake of getting points! That's called review spam and is discouraged, since reviews are meant to help both the writer and the reviewer, as Aria said. The reason it does is, by saying what you liked and why you did in a review, you start to identify what you like and don't in your own writing. Once you know what you like/don't and how to spot it, you start writing how you like and weeding out problems just in your style (so if you find infodumps boring, you'll stop writing information giving chunks).

Also, to answer your question for why this happened— YWS runs on reviews. The site would not exist without reviews, because he point of YWS is to improve others' writing through constructive feedback. Therefore, sometimes stuff gets hard-coded into the site to encourage others to review because they wouldn't, otherwise. And reviewing gets quite addictive once you get going on it! You don't have to write essays, but you do have to write what you liked, didn't, and why. The "why" is the most important part, because it lets writers know what's working and what's not in their piece. Then they can edit accordingly. :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Seeing is believing, but feeling is the truth.
— Thomas Fuller