z

Young Writers Society

Lately I've been having LOTS of errors with YWS. Help plz!

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:22 am
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

So I've been having trouble with YWS for about 2 weeks, at first it was just my chatbox that had gone missing from the bottom of my screen. Since then, I have lost the ability to like statuses/wall posts, reply to posts, make posts on my OWN wall, and now even send PMs (in that order). I thought maybe this was a bug with the site, but since nobody else seems to be having this problem. Plus the fact that it's gotten worse instead of fixing itself has led me to think I need to bring this to someone's attention!

I seem to be able to make new posts in the forums, for instance I made a new post in the art forums the other day and that was fine. Also, although my chatbox has disappeared from view, I've found that it miraciously shows up whenever I try searching for something using the YWS searchbar (and only for that one screen, it disappears when I go to a different page on the site).

Whenever I try to like/reply to statuses, I notice in the bottom left corner of my screen a little error message show up. When I click on that for details, it says something along the lines of "Object doesn't support this property or method" underneath that it says "cloudfare.min.js"

I'm good with fixing computers, but this has me a little stumped. I hope someone can help me! Thanks in advance.
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:03 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I ended up with 90% of those issues (I could still send PMs and had the chat bar, though. An issue I have is lacking ads and I couldn't view Likes anywhere) and they ended up taking a few months to fix. I wasn't the only one— at least half my friends had similar.

YWS started a renovation process back in last December, and it's still not 100% finished yet. Because of this, there are a lot of really annoying bugs.

Unfortunately, that's the only answer I can give you. I cannot tell you when the bugs will be fixed, only that they will be eventually. Trust me, I know it's really annoying to happen. But my hands are pretty tied when it comes to fixing them.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

739 Reviews

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:18 pm
View Likes

Haha, well thanks for responding x) Honestly I've been hearing that YWS was supposed to be getting fixed for months, though I'm starting to wonder if anyone's actually willing to make the repairs. I never see updates or notices telling us what is going on or what kind of progress is being made. After a year of "Oh, don't worry, it'll get fixed soon" I have to say I'm becoming a bit skeptical.

But I'll keep my fingers crossed! Though at the moment there isn't much point of me sticking around if I can't actually function on the site. Thanks for the assurance, in any case. I hope you guys figure something out soon.
-Chuck Palahniuk

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:01 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Yes, Nate is willing to make the repairs. He's just working full time at present and can have difficulty carving out time. One thing to remember is he's the only coder for the site, and coding takes time. However, he is still paying for the site and making sure it stays up.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

739 Reviews

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:33 am

Ah, well I hope Nate gets some time off soon, even if it's just for his own health x) I wish there were more people that could help out; it seems like a lot to ask for one person x) Though I know squat about coding, haha.
-Chuck Palahniuk

Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange the Muse. It cannot be done. You can’t fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal.
— William S. Burroughs