Young Writers Society

How do I see my storybooks

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:54 pm
SirTobes says...

How do I see my storybooks???

Anyone know???
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:10 pm
Rosendorn says...

Go to the "storybooks" tab up at the top of the page. :) There, you'll see all of the storybooks posted!

Finding your own storybooks is a bit tricky. My shortcut is:

Search something random using the "search" bar up top.
Click "go back to advanced search", right above the results but under the "[x number] of results for [what you searched for] (it's pretty small— you have to look for it a bit! The search system is also a bit buggy, so you might have to refresh a few times to get results)
Once you get to the advanced search, you'll see a lot more options for searching. I fill it out like this:

Search for keywords: Name
Search for author: [Your username]
Search in forums: Select "Storybooks" (make sure it is the first time you see Storybooks, not the second)

And leave everything else as is. Hit "search" (and maybe refresh a few times) and find every time you have used "Name" in the Storybook forums, which is a required thing for profiles!

Hope this helps. :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Poetry is my cheap means of transportation. By the end of the poem the reader should be in a different place from where he started. I would like him to be slightly disoriented at the end, like I drove him outside of town at night and dropped him off in a cornfield.
— Billy Collins