z

Young Writers Society

Chat not loading

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:04 pm
Leahweird says...

For some reason chat seems to be frozen for me, just while I'm on my netbook. This is incredibly distressing to me, since this is the computor I am on most often.

I can get right up until the point where I click to go into a room, but then it sends me to a "loading resources" screen and stalls at 89 percent. This has gone on for days now, and I have tried restarting and refreshing and stuff a thousand times. It just goes back to the same spot.

I don't know why this is happening, or what changed. I was chating away, when the common occurence of my wireless going down for a moment happened, I got booted out. I haven't been able to get back in since.

This might be something no one can help me with, but if any one has encountered this problem before, I would be eternally grateful for some advice on how to fix it.

Thanks!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:16 pm
Rosendorn says...

Try:

Clearing your cache
Clearing YWS cookies
Updating Flash
Accessing chat on a different browser

It could also be from a "loose" connection to your wireless. You could try resetting your wireless to re-establish a connection.

If all of the above doesn't work, then finding a solution will be mildly difficult. =/ This problem has happened before, and we haven't found any for sure fixes yet.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:26 pm
Leahweird says...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I cleared the cache, and it's working again! You are my favourite person in the world!

Make sure you marry someone who laughs at the same things you do.
— Holden Caulfield