z

Young Writers Society

Chat not loading

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:04 pm
Leahweird says...

For some reason chat seems to be frozen for me, just while I'm on my netbook. This is incredibly distressing to me, since this is the computor I am on most often.

I can get right up until the point where I click to go into a room, but then it sends me to a "loading resources" screen and stalls at 89 percent. This has gone on for days now, and I have tried restarting and refreshing and stuff a thousand times. It just goes back to the same spot.

I don't know why this is happening, or what changed. I was chating away, when the common occurence of my wireless going down for a moment happened, I got booted out. I haven't been able to get back in since.

This might be something no one can help me with, but if any one has encountered this problem before, I would be eternally grateful for some advice on how to fix it.

Thanks!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:16 pm
Rosendorn says...

Try:

Clearing your cache
Clearing YWS cookies
Updating Flash
Accessing chat on a different browser

It could also be from a "loose" connection to your wireless. You could try resetting your wireless to re-establish a connection.

If all of the above doesn't work, then finding a solution will be mildly difficult. =/ This problem has happened before, and we haven't found any for sure fixes yet.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:26 pm
Leahweird says...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I cleared the cache, and it's working again! You are my favourite person in the world!

It's crazy how your life can be twisted upside down inside out and around and you can get sushi from safeway still looking like a normal person
— starchild314