z

Young Writers Society

Inappropriate content?

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:43 pm
Emmzziee says...

On YWS, what kind of content would be pushing the limit? Are there any topics that we aren't aloud to write about on here?
I have a little short story, and it's about a very serious topic.
I wanted to post it on here. However, I was wondering whether it would be way too inappropriate to post something like this on YWS, and I really didn't want to post it without permission anyway.
:)
I want to play a game.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:22 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

You can post it! Just remember to rate it properly (E, 12+, 16+, 18+). :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:05 am
View Likes
EnchantedPanda says...

Hello Emmzziee,

You can post it! Just remember to rate it properly (E, 12+, 16+, 18+). :)
Snoink has already answered your question but i just thought I'd include the content rating rules and guidelines to help further broaden your understanding, so here we are http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic19231.html

Hope that helps you out even further.

From DreamingForever

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:27 am
inkwell says...

What if you put "!#%$ @*%#" in the title bar and then everybody saw it? You can't exactly warn people not to look at that.
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." — Einstein

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:34 am
Lumi says...

inkwell wrote:What if you put "!#%$ @*%#" in the title bar and then everybody saw it? You can't exactly warn people not to look at that.

If that's what you want to do, have at it. Titles are titles. If they contain one of a predetermined set of words, then they're accurately censored, but how you title your work is completely up to you.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:38 am
View Likes
inkwell says...

Lumi wrote:
inkwell wrote:What if you put "!#%$ @*%#" in the title bar and then everybody saw it? You can't exactly warn people not to look at that.

If that's what you want to do, have at it. Titles are titles. If they contain one of a predetermined set of words, then they're accurately censored, but how you title your work is completely up to you.

Really? Neat.
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." — Einstein

XD YES !!!! EMBRACE THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK + EXCLAMATION!!!! no SHAME IN BEING EASILY EXCITABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Euphory