z

Young Writers Society

Posting Segments?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:41 am
RickBurns says...

I was thinking if I could post segments of the story I was working on and where it is appropriate to be posted. The segments are somewhat parts of the ending but I think that the segments are able to describe couple main characters, so don't worry about some char. info being left out... much. I'm also very poor at grammar (obviously). The purpose is to critique my work constructively. It is also optional to critique the characters as well.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:27 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Of course you can post segments of your work. If any context is needed, just put it in an author's note.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:33 am
Lauren2010 says...

You can post excerpts in any of the short story forums! Just add in any needed context info, and maybe something letting people know it's an excerpt.

If you want to be able to tie the excerpts all together in one neat place, just post them in a novels forum (the subforums of the short story forums) and you'll be given an option to link them all with a novels page. You may also want to do the same adding-context/saying-its-an-excerpt bit if you post there as well. Just so everyone knows what you're looking for in reviews!
Got YWS?

“Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents!”
— Little Women