z

Young Writers Society

Graphic novels of a different kind.

Reviews: 3
Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:50 pm
feodora says...

I need to know if graphic novels - like comics, or sections of comics in between full chapters, are permitted.

Thanks in advance!
Reviews for cookies! You know you want one. (Whether it's cookies or reviews you want is up to you.) ^^

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:57 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Forgive me if this seems a bit too excited, but YES.

Now, you have a few options with posting.

You can post in General Fiction, Other, or if the comic heavily relies on the pictures and art and that's what you want critiques on, Art & Photography. Oh, and if it's a complete work that you want a Full-Novel review on, then you can try the Advanced Critique Forum, which is currently under renovation.

I'm actually super excited to see someone wanting to post a graphic novel/comic! Let me know if you have any other questions.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:22 pm
feodora says...

Haha, thanks. :D

It won't be up soon, but I've got some lovely ideas. ^^ Glad to know it's okay here~
Reviews for cookies! You know you want one. (Whether it's cookies or reviews you want is up to you.) ^^

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:17 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

You might have to drum up a lot of a following before you'll get a decent amount of reviews, but it is possible. Other is your safest bet, because it is for everything that doesn't fit into the other forums.

The way to drum up a following is just to talk about the novel somewhere. Writers Corner is the actual place for that, while you can go into chat and bounce ideas off the members within. If people start getting interested, you might want to create a club about your writing, so people can follow it and get constant reminders of the writing itself.

Depending on the genre, send me a note when it's up. I'd be interested. (Although, if you post in Writers Corner, chances are I will see it anyway. :P)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:10 pm
View Likes
feodora says...

Thanks, again - I was kinda wondering how one did that. Gather a following, that is~

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:16 pm
Rosendorn says...

Review, give advice, talk about your ideas in chat, create a club... just generally interact with the site.

Giving really good reviews/plot advice is a nice way of getting a following— you help them so much, they want to help you out. ;)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
— Bill Nye