z

Young Writers Society

Publishing

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:22 am
Butterfly18 says...

I'm new to this site, have already spent time reviewing some people's work and posted a sample of my own.

When it comes to critiquing work on here though, I automatically assume everyone on here writes these stories, most of them, with the intention to one day have them published. Though that may not be the case.

So I wonder just how many people here want to actually see themselves published authors in the future.

I critique with the intention to help the writer better their craft and sort out things that, to be published one day, need sorting. But, I don't know if I should just review it as if seen on here, it is considered published and not nit-pick, so to speak.

Yeah, just wondering. :?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:41 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Review how you want to! :) Whether or not somebody wants to be published can determine some of your level of detail, but helping writers improve is the point of the site. So long as you remember to give suggestions for improvement, you should be fine.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:41 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Like Rosey said, just help people improve as much as they can as writers! A lot of people see themselves wanting to publish someday, but a lot of people also just write because they love to write and want to improve those skills.
Got YWS?

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler