z

Young Writers Society

.gif images?

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:31 am
stargazer9927 says...

Okay so I've seen a ton of pictures that move on here but when I tried to add one as my avatar it posted but make it still even though it was supposed to move. Is there a certain way that you have to add .gif images are you advatar?
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:55 am
Nate says...

I'm guessing the reason it's still is because YWS had to resize the avatar. If your avatar is larger than 100px by 100px when you upload it, YWS then resizes it to the appropriate size. When this happens, animated .gif images break such that they are no longer animated.

If you wish to use an animated .gif image, then you have to find one that is no larger than 100px by 100px. You can also try resizing the .gif you are trying to upload using Gif Resizer:
http://www.ashongsoft.com/product/gif-resizer.html

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:59 am
Kale says...

I could also manually resize it for you, if the result from Gif Resizer doesn't look nice. Just PM me a copy of the original. :)
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

135 Reviews

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:42 pm
stargazer9927 says...

Thanks! It's 110. Just barley over :)
I'll PM you Kyllorac.
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.

135 Reviews

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:44 pm
stargazer9927 says...

Yeah the quality was brought down slightly, but I think it looks okay. At least now I know what to do the next time it won't upload.
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights