z

Young Writers Society

Messed Up My Novel

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:50 am
Vapor says...

Hello! I managed to mess up making my novel. Originally I thought I should think realistically and mark the first chapter of my novel down as a short story, since I didn't think I'd actually persue working on it or have more than several chapters. Things changed and I submitted the second chapter under novels.
The problem is, the novel starts on chapter two, and chapter one is just it's own work dangling around in my portfolio. I thought there would be a way to add chapter one to my novel, but I can't find a way. Is it possible to add chapter one to my novel somehow?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:56 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I'm assuming it's still in Short Stories, yes?

First step, then, is to PM somebody in green (or just provide a link here!) and we'll move it to Novels for you. Once chapter 1 is in Novels, a blue box should appear above it asking if you want to add the chapter. Click "yes" and it's done.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:12 pm
View Likes
Stori says...

So how many chapters are more than several?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:44 pm
Rosendorn says...

Considering I have seen 28 parts of a novel in one novel, it's likely there's a very high max for chapters you can add.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

don't try me bro
— Seirre