z

Young Writers Society

Messed Up My Novel

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:50 am
Vapor says...

Hello! I managed to mess up making my novel. Originally I thought I should think realistically and mark the first chapter of my novel down as a short story, since I didn't think I'd actually persue working on it or have more than several chapters. Things changed and I submitted the second chapter under novels.
The problem is, the novel starts on chapter two, and chapter one is just it's own work dangling around in my portfolio. I thought there would be a way to add chapter one to my novel, but I can't find a way. Is it possible to add chapter one to my novel somehow?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:56 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I'm assuming it's still in Short Stories, yes?

First step, then, is to PM somebody in green (or just provide a link here!) and we'll move it to Novels for you. Once chapter 1 is in Novels, a blue box should appear above it asking if you want to add the chapter. Click "yes" and it's done.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:12 pm
View Likes
Stori says...

So how many chapters are more than several?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:44 pm
Rosendorn says...

Considering I have seen 28 parts of a novel in one novel, it's likely there's a very high max for chapters you can add.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Poetry is the art of creating imaginary gardens with real toads.
— Marianne Moore