z

Young Writers Society

Parodies

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:11 am
stargazer9927 says...

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before and I didn't feel like searching all the way through the thing, but can you post parodies on here? Like a parody of a song as long as the original singer is noted?
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:38 am
SubjectBlue says...

I'm not sure, but I don't see a reason it won't be allowed.
Go for it, if it turns out I was wrong, I'll take responsibility- Fair? :)
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:48 pm
Rosendorn says...

Yup! That works. :) Since parodies are your original creation, they can be put in the lit forums.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:09 pm
Ultimateanon says...

I'm sure you can, since song writers do parodies on Youtube about other people, I'm sure you can on YWS. (It also gives a good laugh)
:)

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:26 pm
shiney1 says...

Yes, I have seen quite a few on here, some featured as well.
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:01 pm
stargazer9927 says...

Thanks! I haven't really done a parody that's funny, rather emotional about my life, so I won't post one right now but I will eventually.
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus