Young Writers Society

The Points System

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:50 pm
View Likes
LauraMae says...

Hi

I've been on this site for a while but I still don't understand the points system. So far I've done only three reviews and posted two things (yes I know, I'm trying to review some more... :() and I don't understand the points system. The reason I ask is because I wanted to send some gifts to people (but I think it's too late now?) and I didn't have enough points, so I did some reviews. However, it says reviews are worth 50 points, yet I ended up with 113 or something random like that after two reviews the it jumped all the way up to 150 about an hour later, when I thought I would be on 100 (because I had 0 at the beginning). I'm incredibly confused, and since then my points are bouncing all over the place when I haven't actually done anything since yesterday lol any ideas people?

If there's nothing, nothing left to lose... What is this feeling, that keeps on bringing me back to you?

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:57 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

Well, Nate just made sure everyone on the site has at least 150 points, so that's where the extra ones came from.

As for how much a review is worth, it depends on how long the review is. The maximum number of points a review can be worth is 50, except on Review Days when it's doubled to 100. Depending on how many characters are in your review, the number of points you earn is calculated.

Also, if you review a work with no or only one review, you will get extra points. Reviewing a work with no reviews will net you an extra 50%, while reviewing a work with one review nets you an additional 25%.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:12 pm
View Likes
LauraMae says...

Oh, alright, thank you. :)
If there's nothing, nothing left to lose... What is this feeling, that keeps on bringing me back to you?

*cries into coffee*
— LadyLizz