z

Young Writers Society

Creating Clubs

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:18 am
View Likes
Salem says...

I couldn't find this posted anywhere, but what are the rules/regulations/guidelines about creating a club? I was interested in either finding one or creating one for authors working toward publication but I'm not quite sure what to watch out for. Thanks!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:09 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

No real guidelines for making clubs. If you want to be sure you're not repeating a club, search for a few terms to see if any matches come up, or look through the list of random clubs. But if you find a really old club on the same topic, you can either try to revive it or just make a new one. It's usually best to try and revive it, considering that there are often old threads with useful information. However, if the topics are gone (it's a bug that's been reported) and/or the creator is no longer active, then it might be best to start a new club.

It'd be nice to have a publication club again. There was one, but it's fallen victim to both the problems I just mentioned.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.
— Atticus