z

Young Writers Society

Creating Clubs

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:18 am
View Likes
Salem says...

I couldn't find this posted anywhere, but what are the rules/regulations/guidelines about creating a club? I was interested in either finding one or creating one for authors working toward publication but I'm not quite sure what to watch out for. Thanks!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:09 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

No real guidelines for making clubs. If you want to be sure you're not repeating a club, search for a few terms to see if any matches come up, or look through the list of random clubs. But if you find a really old club on the same topic, you can either try to revive it or just make a new one. It's usually best to try and revive it, considering that there are often old threads with useful information. However, if the topics are gone (it's a bug that's been reported) and/or the creator is no longer active, then it might be best to start a new club.

It'd be nice to have a publication club again. There was one, but it's fallen victim to both the problems I just mentioned.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool, you end up looking like a moron instead.
— Robin Hobb