z

Young Writers Society

How to delete posted items?

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed May 25, 2011 5:57 pm
Matthews says...

So how do I delete things I've posted, and no longer want posted? I can't figure out how!
Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed, for the lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed May 25, 2011 6:02 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

There are two ways to go about this, but if it's a literary work you mean, then you can't delete it at all. If you're talking about a duplicate post you've made by accident, then simply contact a mod and one of us will wipe it out for you!

However, written works cannot be deleted once they're reviewed, or else it messes up post counters and review counts and points and all that jazz--I'm sure you understand. However, you can do three things to be sure that the work is very hard to find.

1. Pull up the thread you want to delete. In the top right-hand corner of the original post of yours, there will be an "Edit" button. Click that button and erase all the text from the post, and click "Submit." You'll have to have something present (like a "-" or "...", but anything will do.

2. Lock the topic, or get a moderator or JM to lock it for you. Similar, you click "Edit" and find the box beside "Lock this topic". Once you submit, no reviews may be submitted.

3. Go to your profile and click the "Portfolio" tab. Find the link labeled "Edit Portfolio" and click it. Find the piece you want to erase and click "Make _______ Invisible to Others". After you do this, the piece will no longer show up in your portfolio, but will show up under a search of your posts (but very few people actually search those).

Hope this helps!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

"Perhaps it is better to wake up after all, even to suffer, rather than to remain a dupe to illusions all one's life."
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening