Young Writers Society

Delete Account?

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri May 13, 2011 7:10 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

I am absolutely the wrong person to ask about this, because I am technologically challenged and it takes enough effort for me to MAKE an account (let alone get rid of one, which is usually harder because they don't want you to do it). But first I'd like to ask: Why do you want to delete your account?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri May 13, 2011 7:26 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

You can't completely delete your account. I can delete your username and account details, but all the threads you started, works you added, and posts you wrote will still be on the site.

If there are specific works you wish removed, the best thing to do is to go to that work, click on edit and then delete all the text. However, if you delete your account, you will lose the ability to do that or to edit any of your other posts.

However, if you can send me a PM as to why you wish your account deleted, perhaps we can work something out.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun May 15, 2011 7:48 pm
View Likes
ImJustAKid says...

Yeah, I created two accounts but now I want to delete this one and transfer the other account to the email this one is on. I got really confused because I didn't know how to change my birthday so I created a new account haha. Figured it out now, but all my stuff is on the other account.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun May 15, 2011 7:53 pm
Rosendorn says...

You can change the e-mail of your other account in My YWS! Deleting accounts isn't really recommended for technical reasons, so all you have to do is let this one fall into obscurity.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Reviews: 3
Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:02 pm
awesomeme4 says...

Nate wrote:You can't completely delete your account. I can delete your username and account details, but all the threads you started, works you added, and posts you wrote will still be on the site.

If there are specific works you wish removed, the best thing to do is to go to that work, click on edit and then delete all the text. However, if you delete your account, you will lose the ability to do that or to edit any of your other posts.

However, if you can send me a PM as to why you wish your account deleted, perhaps we can work something out.

Can I delete my account? :? :!: :(

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:10 pm
Iggy says...

You cannot delete your account. That's the first line in the post you just quoted.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
— JRR Tolkien