z

Young Writers Society

Welcoming

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sun May 08, 2011 3:07 am
View Likes
shiney1 says...

How do you officially welcome people to get badges?
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Sun May 08, 2011 3:15 am
SmylinG says...

You can go to the welcome mat to greet new users. But I think it should probably go above greeting them just to achieve a badge. ^-^ You want the user to really feel welcome, and to be able to offer them any help should they feel they need it. This might include being there to answer any questions or helping them feel welcome into the community by going beyond a welcome post.
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sun May 08, 2011 9:56 am
Kale says...

To get a badge, you have to be nominated by your peers and then, if your posts look good enough, you'll be approved by the mod team. This way, though someone may have all the required nominations, if their greeting posts aren't up to par, they don't get the badge.

If you've been nominated enough times and feel pretty sure your posts are good, you can always give a mod a nudge. Oftentimes, it's just that no one's looked at the badges section in a while, and a little poking is necessary to get things going. ;P
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places, you’re off and away!
— Dr. Seuss