z

Young Writers Society

reposting edited works

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:27 pm
Andie says...

I have writings that I want to edit and then repost, do I need to just repost it as an edited version or can I edit the work itself? :?:
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
David Herbert Lawrence

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:53 pm
Lumi says...

You can do both, actually!

If you want to save points (and your review ratio), then you can simply look at the very top of the original piece you posted on YWS and click on the button labeled "EDIT" in the top-right corner of the piece. From there, you can edit all you want.

The alternative to this is actually posting a new work that notes as an edit. For example, I could post "Mirror Girl (Edited)" as a new work and probably get more reviews on it since it's a new work than if I had edited the original. That can be remedied by requesting reviews, though.

Hope this helped,

-Lumi
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:02 pm
Rosendorn says...

My rule of thumb is: if you're just doing minor edits, then it's best to just edit the already-posted work and put "edited" in the title. If you're doing a total overhaul, then it's best to post the work again to benefit from more people reviewing it.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:18 pm
Andie says...

Thank you guys! that helped me a lot
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
David Herbert Lawrence

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers