z

Young Writers Society

Submissions and Reviews: so I'm a noob?

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:00 pm
TheCodex says...

Hehe, so a nooby question. Can someone basically give me an outline about story submissions and all this review stuff? Sorry for being such a noob :smt003
I'm a high functioning sociopath, do your research!
-
"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."
- Jack London.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:07 pm
Rosendorn says...

Submissions:

Go to "Discover Works" and pick the forum you think your story fits best in. If you're not sure which forum that is, ask here. Once you've picked the genre, see if it's a novel or short story (short stories are the main forums, novels the subforums).

Once you've figured that out, go to the forum and click "start a new thread." Copy/paste about 1,500 words of your story into the textbox (or less, if it's a short story) and go through formatting it with italics. underline, bold, ect. You can also add in spaces between paragraphs, or scroll down to the bottom of the screen and find "special formatting options." Click "story" and the spaces between paragraphs is done for you automatically.

Reviews:

Go to Discover Works and pick a genre you want to read (Or, hover over Discover Works to see the "recent additions" menu, and find "works with 1 review" or "works with 0 reviews". Genres show up a bit beside the story's title). Click a title that looks interesting and read the story. Proceed to click "reply" and type up at least 250 characters of your opinion of the work, for it to count as a review. Hit "submit" and you've done a review!

If you want more tips, check out this forum. It's got a ton of articles on how to write reviews.

Hope this clears things up! :) PM me/reply if you have any more questions.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

You don't need to follow me! You don't need to follow anybody! You got to think for yourselves!
— Brian Cohen