z

Young Writers Society

Novel?

Reviews: 2
Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:23 pm
MaryRandshain says...

I wanna post a novel but I have no read/write tab. Has it changed? What do I do?
for those in need of a co-writer
page.php?id=845
Peace Out!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:28 pm
Rosendorn says...

Go to "Discover Works" instead. Recently the header was updated, and I guess some other stuff needs to be updated too! Where'd you see the "go to read/write"?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Reviews: 2
Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:34 pm
MaryRandshain says...

Read/Write tab is talked about everywher, Nate's how to video, posts with instructions. Also, now what once I am in Discover Works tab?
for those in need of a co-writer
page.php?id=845
Peace Out!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:56 pm
Rosendorn says...

Once you've clicked on "Discover Works" find the right genre for your novel (Action/Adventure, Fantasy, General Fiction). You'll notice all the large titles are "short stories." The novels forums are right under the description (If that's unclear I'll post a screenshot)

Once you're in the right Novel forum, you just create a new topic for the first chapter. Put your novel's title in with the chapter number, make sure each paragraph has a space between it (really easy way of doing that is to scroll down to the bottom of the textbox and look for "special formatting." Select "story" from that list) and hit submit!

Also, if you have any italics you need to add them in manually with code. The code for italics is:

Code: Select all
[i]Your text here[/i]

It turns into:

Your text here

Hope this helps!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Resistance is futile.
— The Borg