z

Young Writers Society

My Novel

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:41 am
AddictionToFiction says...

My novel has chapters of a story that aren't mine in it, and I have no idea how they got there, or how to get rid of them. I've never even read the posts it added. Please help me get them out, I have no clue how to get rid of them. When I went to edit the novel to add/delete some chapters, they didn't show up there. But they are very clearly there when I click on my novel page. Help me!
I gave up telling people I hear voices. So now I talk to the voices instead.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:24 pm
Rosendorn says...

Go to one of the chapters that you posted, and look for the blue box. Click on "Edit novel."

When you get there, click forward to step 4.

In step 4, you'll see a list of possible chapters for the novel. This is auto-selected and can be incorrect at times. De-select the chapters you don't want to be part of your novel.

Hit submit.

Should be fixed! :D
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

27 Reviews

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Rosey -- I tried that, but they're still there! I don't know if that's how everyone sees it, but it's really bugging me. The parts are the exact same, and I'm thinking about PMing the author of those parts to see if he/she knows anything, but it's still not getting better. Would asking a Mod for help work?

1272 Reviews

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:13 am
Rosendorn says...

A mod might not be able to do anything, cause I'm a retired mod and my help didn't, well, help. :P

Use the Report a Site Bug thread. It might be a problem with the coding, which is admin territory.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:15 am
Kale says...

I just checked, and I'm only seeing your parts. Untitled, right?
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

27 Reviews

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:13 am

Kyllorac -- I went under the story while I wasn't logged on as myself and while I was, and both had it with two of hockeyfan87's chapters. I PMed her and she said she saw the problem too, and didn't know how to fix it.
You went here, right? novel.php?id=158
I'm not really sure what else to do other than see if I can get Nate to fix it and/or report it under the bug thing. Unless a Mod could fix it, but I'm not sure the extent of what a Mod can do...

1272 Reviews

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:20 am
Rosendorn says...

To answer the mod question: We can't really access the code for that stuff. Nate/Admins do pretty much all of the coding.

I also see the two chapters that aren't yours. So I'm not sure if Ky's the exception or the rule.

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.
— Henry David Thoreau