z

Young Writers Society

Is there a way anyone can change their display name...

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Thu May 06, 2010 9:54 pm
SpencerNolanRivers says...

or no?
House: People interest me. Conversations don't.
Foreman: Maybe because conversations go both ways.
House & Foreman: Like Thirteen.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu May 06, 2010 10:06 pm
Snoink says...

Yes! There is a way! But it's a bit of a hassle in several ways. We don't actually want users to change their names because it can change the code and make things weird to their profiles and so on. It can also really confuse other members, which is again a bother. So we like it when people keep the usernames they first pick. However, usernames can be changed... for good reasons only.

Here is what you do:

You contact the administrator and ask him to change your name to something else of your choosing. And you must, must, must give a good reason as to why you want your name changed. Saying that you think [insert username here] is better than [current username] is better is not a good reason. If you don't give a good reason, the request will be ignored.

All reasons are kept confidential.

Also, sometimes Nate has certain weeks when you can change your username for any reason. Nate generally doesn't like doing this because it creates a whole lot of chaos, but that's still a possibility.

(Although, on a separate, more personal note, I have to admit, I've always liked your username... you should probably keep it. :))
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri May 07, 2010 1:07 am
Rosendorn says...

And if you mean the little "senior writer" thing, wait until you have 250 posts. Then you can change it by going to My YWS> Edit Profile Settings
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Sat May 08, 2010 3:07 pm
SpencerNolanRivers says...

I was referring to the first type of username change. Thanks, Snoink, for explaining all of that to me. I just wanted to trade off the username I choose when I was fourteen to a new pen-name, but I guess if it is that much of a hassle, it doesn't matter.
House: People interest me. Conversations don't.
Foreman: Maybe because conversations go both ways.
House & Foreman: Like Thirteen.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:57 pm
Day says...

KikiSaysRAWR! wrote:I was referring to the first type of username change. Thanks, Snoink, for explaining all of that to me. I just wanted to trade off the username I choose when I was fourteen to a new pen-name, but I guess if it is that much of a hassle, it doesn't matter.

I don't know if it is a really big hassle, but Nate changed mine without a complaint. He is really nice.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:38 am
Mizzle says...

Yes, you can change your username, just like everyone else has said. ^_^ Just private message Nate, but realize once you change it, you probably aren't going to get to change it AGAIN.
I don't think it's too much of a hassle; Nate changed my username. I just think you have to a have a good reason behind the change.
Toodles,
Mizz
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:18 pm
Day says...

Mizzle wrote:Yes, you can change your username, just like everyone else has said. ^_^ Just private message Nate, but realize once you change it, you probably aren't going to get to change it AGAIN.
I don't think it's too much of a hassle; Nate changed my username. I just think you have to a have a good reason behind the change.
Toodles,
Mizz

What was your name before Miz?
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:46 pm
Dragon99 says...

darnit! I wanted a mustache on my name dragon:{D
The Pen Is Mightier Then Dragon Fire

Love is not an emotion. Love is a promise.
— 12th Doctor